Templeton Academy is an intentionally diverse, private micro-school serving grades 6-12 near the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Established in 2015, we use the city as a classroom and a unique block schedule to inspire deep learning. Our teachers implement project-based learning to ensure work is connected to meaningful, real-world problems that encourage critical thinking, creativity, and compassion.
We are currently hiring a Math Teacher to teach Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2 for the 2022-2023 school year. Please only apply if you can teach all of the subjects listed.
Our classes meet for 2 hours and 20 minutes, Monday-Thursday, with a half-day Friday schedule. In this structure, students complete a full year of Math within two 10-week periods.
The position is currently a part-time, contract, adjunct position.
The start date is Monday, November 7, 2022.
The contract is for the following:
- High School Algebra I B: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday to Thursday from November 14th until February 3rd
- High School Geometry B: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday from November 14th until February 3rd
- High School Algebra II w/ Trigonometry A & B: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday to Thursday from February 13th until June 15th
- High School Honors Geometry A & B: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday from February 13th until June 15th
- Design and implement engaging lessons that are anchored in project-based and experiential learning.
- Use a variety of instructional resources and materials to enrich learning and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Effectively utilize the learning management system.
- Attend all school events, such as Exhibition night, and be responsive to requests from staff, students, and parents.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related subject area.
- Track record of working collaboratively, transparently, and professionally with all colleagues.
- Exhibits the ability to incorporate feedback from managers and peers.
- Experience working with a diverse student body.
- Ability to manage multiple levels in the same class.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Preferred applicants will also have:
- At least three years of teaching experience with adolescents.
- Track record of success in classroom management.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with project-based learning and/or experiential learning.
- Advanced Math Degrees or Appropriate Experience are preferred.