What Employees Love about Take 5
- The Pit Tech to President career path; Take 5 is committed to supporting your career goals. Over 90% of Store Managers started as Lube Techs.
- Employee contests including store level and corporate challenges that result in prizes and bonuses
- Opportunities to meet new people and learn new skills every day
- Community involvement including fundraisers that benefit charities in the places we live and work
- The family environment
- Learning new skills
Good to Know Before You Start!
- It might feel like you are studying for a test at the beginning. It’s important that all employees gain a strong knowledge of our oils and services. You will attend a paid, 2-week training course that requires travel outside of Minnesota.
- Must maneuver in and out of a shallow 3’ deep pit used to position yourself safely under cars
- You will walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, etc. for extended periods of time and perform activities involving holding, grasping, pulling and turning
- You may need to work in hot/cold weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally
What does an Assistant Store Manager (ASM) do?
- Check in with customers before they leave the shop to make sure they had a great experience.
- Assume the responsibility and authority of the Store Manager in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Run the floor (make sure each employee is where they need to be, ensuring everything has been checked on each vehicle, and every customer is satisfied before they leave).
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with counting and adjusting inventory.
- Train and develop the team.
- Be a role model to the other employees in the store.
- Hold team members accountable.
ASMs are also expected to perform all technician duties including but not limited to:
- Drain motor oil and change oil filter
- Wash windshield and adjust tire pressure
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Assist the customer in selecting oil type and other services
- Process payment for services performed.
- Perform coolant exchanges
- Restock and maintain inventory levels on the floor
- Maintain store, office, and bathroom cleanliness
What skills and experience are needed to be an Assistant Store Manager?
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience (Retail, Restaurant or Automotive is helpful)
- Work experience that shows a progression in responsibility and/or complexity
- Proficient with computers including the use of Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook) and has the ability to troubleshoot basic printer problems and has an aptitude to learn new software applications (Point-of-Sale, Supplier websites, Training website, etc.)
- 1+ years of prior leadership or management experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
- Automotive industry experience is not required but you should have an interest in learning more about cars and working on them
- 2 weeks of PTO a year and 5 paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Free Oil Changes
About Take 5
Take 5 Oil Change (www.take5oilchange.com) is all about fast, friendly and simple oil changes. Founded in 1984, Take 5 is one of the fastest growing companies in the automotive space and has expanded to over 700 locations across the United States. We are fanatical about great customer service, which is built on the promise of a 10-minute, drive-thru oil change where we educate our customers on vehicle maintenance rather than sell services. Take 5 is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for quick oil changes by J.D. Power.