Synthica Energy, LLC is looking for an experienced process engineer with a proven track record in the anaerobic digestion, renewable energy, solid waste, wastewater, or renewable natural gas (RNG) sectors to own the build-out and subsequent direction of the company’s internal process engineering function.
Lead Process Engineer – Anaerobic Digestion
Synthica Energy, LLC is looking for an experienced process engineer with a proven track record in the anaerobic digestion, renewable energy, solid waste, wastewater, or renewable natural gas (RNG) sectors to own the build-out and subsequent direction of the company’s internal process engineering function. The successful candidate will report to the Technical Project Director and work closely with all functional areas of the company and its partner organizations through each phase of its existing and new anaerobic digestion plant projects, from initial development through engineering, construction, commissioning and turnover to operations at commercial acceptance. This is a high-visibility/high-impact position at a fast-growing and exciting new energy company that is backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
· Responsible for development of company standard process designs, ensuring maximum reliability and flexibility of our operational assets
· Responsible for development of internal company processes and standards for waste receiving, testing, and processing to ensure robust and reliable operation while extracting the maximum value from waste feedstocks
· Responsible for hiring, mentoring, and overseeing the work of facility-based laboratory technicians; working closely with operating sites to ensure waste feedstocks, inter-stage process fluids, and byproducts are tested in accordance with company standards
· Responsible for troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and resolution of process issues during startup, commissioning and operation
· Works closely with internal and external project engineering teams to ensure that facilities are designed, constructed, tested, and turned over to Operations in accordance with industry standards and good engineering practice
· Researches, studies and stays current on the best available technologies in the marketplace
· Work closely with business development team to ensure waste feedstocks being contracted are properly profiled and analyzed to ensure compatibility with our process and that pricing is aligned with the processability of the materials
The successful candidate will travel to the company headquarters in Cincinnati and its project sites as-needed, with extended periods of travel expected during the start-up and commissioning phases of the projects. Preference will be given to candidates that are located near one of our office locations in Portsmouth, NH or Cincinnati, OH or near one of our Project Sites.
● Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering, wastewater process engineering, water resources or similar technical field
● Minimum of 10 years of process engineering, commissioning and/or operational experience in the delivery of water/wastewater, waste and energy infrastructure projects
● Experience with industrial automation, process control and process monitoring
● Strong technical/problem solving background
● Experience managing engineering staff (internal and/or third-party), general contractors, process equipment suppliers, commissioning and operations personnel
● Proven track record of collaborating with and working in cross-functional teams to successfully deliver projects or operational improvements (business development, finance, engineering, legal, other)
● Experience in anaerobic digestion, renewable energy, solid waste, wastewater, or renewable natural gas (RNG) is a preferred
● Professional Engineering License preferred
● Ability/willingness to relocate to Cincinnati, OH or Portsmouth, NH or other future project locations for periods of time
*Synthica Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Synthica Energy
Synthica Energy is an anaerobic digestion development company bringing organics-to-energy facilities to underserved markets across the U.S. The company’s mission is to facilitate the diversion of pre-consumer organic waste away from landfills, abate the associated methane emissions, and convert the organic material into renewable natural gas (RNG). In doing so, Synthica aims to provide industrial manufacturers with a greener outlet for their organic waste and North American utilities with reliable access to RNG. The company focuses on “urban-friendly digestion,” incorporating multiple layers of odor control technology to minimize local impact. As a result, Synthica expects its facilities to seamlessly coexist in communities producing high amounts of organic waste. To learn more, visit www.synthica.com.
Synthica recently broke ground on its first facility in Ohio. The facility is expected to divert a significant amount of organic waste from local landfills and sewers each year, removing CO2 and methane emissions from the atmosphere.