The Community Outreach Coordinator shall strive to ensure that Sunstone remains a trusted, friendly, reliable, and respected resource in our communities. The Coordinator will support the growth of Sunstone by fostering existing connections and expanding the Company’s reach as mutually beneficial relationships are created and nurtured in the communities we support.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position serving both the Northern Virginia and Richmond, VA Sunstone Counseling communities. The work schedule will be flexible to allow for in-person attendance at outreach events held on evenings and/or weekends. Occasional travel to the Richmond, VA area (approximately 10% or twice/month) will be required.
- Partner with Company leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive outreach strategy that aligns with Sunstone's goals and values;
- Coordinate and regularly attend community outreach (including networking and sponsorship) events and related opportunities to promote the Company and counseling services;
- Build and nurture community relationships and viable client leads through weekly community outreach efforts including but not limited to: scheduling lunches and providing marketing collateral, visiting offices, creating networking opportunities hosted by Sunstone;
- Build and organize the Company’s client referral network, including without limitation both prospective clients and trusted external providers;
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources, including EAP programs, schools/universities, doctors’ offices, etc.;
- Maintain the Company’s professional and business memberships;
- Design and manage the organizational event calendar for internal and/or external events;
- Support the design and development of marketing materials and collateral for outreach efforts;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sunstone team members to ensure consistent messaging and branding in alignment with organizational goals;
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s internal systems (G-Suite, Monday.com, etc.);
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of engagement and outreach initiatives;
- Monitor and respond to viable Listservs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma and/or G.E.D.
- College experience/Coursework preferred
- 1-2 years of sales/outreach experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to travel between all 5 Sunstone offices to regularly support outreach efforts (Ashburn, Alexandria, McLean, Falls Church, and Richmond, VA)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for mental health and a genuine interest in promoting access to qualified counselors
- Excellent judgment with the ability to identify opportunities to promote the organization in a meaningful and professional manner
- Strong desire to engage with the community in a positive manner
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by community outreach events