A Lead Teacher in Sunshine Scholars Academy programs must embrace our core values and make them their own. They must be of good character and equipped by education, training and/or experience for working in an infant/toddler, pre-school, or elementary program. The Lead Teacher must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults; one who has the capacity to enjoy children. The individual must have the physical, mental and intellectual capacity to fully teach, supervise, and care for children.
We inspire creativity and innovation for future generations and make the magic of play a priority in all facets of life, for young and old!
Our Core Values are:
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have clean DMV, current auto registration, & access to a vehicle
* Possess current CPR & First Aid training
* A. A Degree in Child Development, Human Development or related field preferred or equivalent work experience (SSA reserves the right to promote/hire other qualified persons) including classes in:
* Sensitivity to children's individual needs. The ability to maintain an orderly environment
* Ability to supervise activities and children (group & individual) conducive to the growth and development of children. Ability to relate well with children
* Evidence of emotional maturity and stability with sufficient judgement to handle crisis situations
* The desire to make a difference in people’s lives
* To always be a part of the solution and never part of the problem
*Physical: Employee will be required daily to sit, walk, speak, hear and see (vision abilities include close and color vision. Employee is frequently required to us hand/finger dexterity, handle, feel. Employee is regularly required to lift to 10 lbs. - 35 lbs. Employee is regularly required to stand, walk.
Other Qualifications: The ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. Ability to organize & maintain an orderly environment, to handle detailed work accurately and delegate work appropriately. Capable of high volume of work in a fast paced environment and often under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to objectively evaluate employees without prejudice or bias. Must be able to work as an effective team member and leader.
Check Out our Benefits! Competitive Pay Full-Time and Part-Time Schedules Paid Birthday Time Off 50% Childcare Discount Aflac, Dental and Vision Health Care Insurance Coverage Vacation and Sick Time Off Staff Retreats Quarterly Attendance Bonus Paid Trainings Paid Leadership Training Membership in the Childcare Success Academy
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME HOURS AVAILABLE!
6AM - 1PM
8AM - 5PM
12PM - 6PM
We would love for you to join our team! APPLY TODAY!
$11 - $15 per hour