The incumbent will provide culturally diverse psychotherapy, counseling and case management services to individuals, families, couples, and adolescents. They will serve clients who may experience depression, family conflict, trauma, grief and loss. In addition, the incumbent may provide life coaching sessions.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Lead Clinician, LCSW, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker will be responsible for delivering psychotherapy, counseling, and other therapeutic services to clients.
- Must possess an M.S.W. and hold a California LCSW license.
- Previous experience in a clinical or hospital setting, particularly with individuals with special needs or in a mental health environment, is preferred.
- Familiarity with cognitive behavioral therapy techniques and interventions.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and crisis management strategies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all necessary government and agency background clearances.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and willingness to learn new technical systems as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal abilities.
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills, with a high level of accuracy.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, and a strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and effectively communicate pertinent information, both verbally and in writing.
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities
- Implement individualized treatment plans through therapeutic interventions and strategies.
- Conduct cognitive behavioral therapy sessions to facilitate positive behavior change and emotional well-being.
- Utilize crisis intervention and crisis management techniques to ensure the safety and well-being of distressed individuals.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to create and execute effective treatment plans.
- Maintain accurate documentation of client progress, including proper coding using ICD-9 or other relevant coding systems.
- Provide direct care and support to individuals with special needs, including those with autism and other developmental disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to talk or hear.
Work environment: This role can be conducted in a professional office setting or as a work-from-home position in your own home office.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Agency.
$45 - $53 per hour