The sales representative is responsible to grow and develop the sales and margins of Stoneland's countertop products with fabricators and Kitchen & Bath shops located within an assigned geographic territory. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
- Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
- Understand our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company's delivery schedules.
- Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
- Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
- Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
- Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
- Travel 40% to 80% locally, and occasionally nationally.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years experience in channel distribution sales
- 2 years of related industry experience -- natural stone, slab or hard flooring.
- 2 years of outside B2B sales experience
- Strong math skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers. Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency. Valid drivers license. Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
- Countertop, Distribution and Building Materials Sales experience preferred.
- Excellent sales, communication, people and negotiation skills
- Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical (50% paid by company)
- Dental (100% by employee)
- Vision (100% by employee)
- 401(k) plans with company matching contributions up to 4%
Founded in 1999, Stoneland is a leading supplier for countertop products in North America. Stoneland's product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, granite, quartzite and marble imported from four continents.
Stoneland is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group.
Job Type: Full-time