The Peer Support Specialist is responsible for communicating with Case Managers, House Managers and Operations Managers to ensure that SOI's house guests requests and concerns are addressed appropriately and most important that they are able to meet the house guest where they are.
- Establish a rapport with house guests and express a concern for their well being
- Provide support to house guests and motivate individuals to adhere to behavior modification program, through our house guest incentive program.
- Assist with maintaining complete updated confidential file on the status of the house guest and documentation of their progress through our Apricot system.
- Work with guest to setup and keep all necessary health and or social services referrals, encourage compliance, and document progress in the Apricot system.
- Deliver education and skill-building information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working with homeless persons, formerly incarcerated persons, substance abuse users and a desire to effect positive change.
- Strong ability to communicate with homeless persons, formerly incarcerated persons, substance abuse users who are actively participating in substance abuse or other factors related to homelessness.
- Ability to travel and arrive to sites on time within the community.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with data entry systems, Microsoft Word, and excel.