- Conduct initial patient evaluations, including taking a medical history, performing physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
- Develop and implement treatment plans in collaboration with the supervising physician and other healthcare professionals.
- Prescribe medications and other treatments as appropriate and monitor patient response to treatment.
- Perform medical procedures such as suturing, wound care...
- Educate patients and their families on disease prevention, management, and treatment options.
- Provide continuity of care, including managing patient follow-up appointments, monitoring lab results, and adjusting treatment plans as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records in the electronic medical record system.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers and community resources to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Illinois.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a primary care or family practice setting preferred.
- Strong clinical skills, including the ability to perform physical examinations, interpret diagnostic tests, and develop treatment plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with patients, their families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems and medical billing practices.
The Family Practice Physician Assistant will work in a medical clinic setting, and may be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. This position requires Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00 to accommodate patient needs.
If you are a highly skilled and compassionate healthcare professional with a passion for providing comprehensive medical care to patients in a family practice setting, please apply today to join our team as a Family Practice Physician Assistant.