Sportworks, a Silver Falls Capital operating company, is looking for a resourceful and driven Accounting Manager to help us coordinate financial operations across our growing portfolio of companies. If you are passionate about making a difference in your role and contributing to companies that have environmentally meaningful purposes, this is a fantastic opportunity.
Do you have experience supporting teams that locally design and manufacture products? Do you have a analytical disposition that leads you to both question and search for the truth? Are you inspired by solving complex challenges and creating sustainable processes and procedures?
Sportworks Global, a Silver Falls Capital operating company, is looking for a resourceful and driven Accounting Manager to help us coordinate financial operations across our growing portfolio of companies. If you are passionate about making a difference in your role and contributing to companies that have environmentally meaningful purposes, this is a fantastic opportunity. At Sportworks, we value your creativity and your critical thinking and are looking for those that want to grow with us on our journey.
This highly impactful role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer of Silver Falls Capital and has the following key responsibilities:
• Manage customer invoicing and collections across our portfolio of companies. Maintain close contact with critical customers on terms and conditions and current payment status
• Develop and drive execution of working capital performance (Accounts Receivables and Payables) across the Silver Falls portfolio of companies. Analyze results and lead attainment and sustainment practices
• Use daily management tools to show progress vs. goals and critical milestones. Use Problem solving techniques, your peers, team and other resources to strive for targeted results
• Lead Accounting policy and process improvements that will positively impact operating controls
• Bring (and develop) best practices in collections and payables functions. Lead continuous improvement initiatives
• Support monthly close processes, reconciliations and account reviews
• Lead projects that will simplify, streamline, and support operating efficiencies across the company; includes payroll, ERP and supporting tool initiatives
• Support operating company functional initiatives where you’re have a critical voice (example: purchasing/procurement and supply chain)
Top 4 reasons Sportworks and Silver Falls Capital are recommended as a great place to work:
1. Culture and values come first … with leaders who “walk the talk”
2. Opportunity to make a significant impact, while accelerating personal development
3. We’re mission driven: Promoting the use of bicycles as a convenient and cost-effective mobility solution and promoting clean air solutions with products that filter and scrub unhealthy particulates out of breathing air in critical environments
4. A fast-paced growth company
Qualifications for Success:
· Alignment with our culture and values (Purpose, People, Humility, Truth, Possibility)
· Voracious learner, creative, and curious with a strong bias for action
· Independent, self-starter. Not afraid to challenge the status quo
· Demonstrated experience in process improvements and sustainment
· Sets a high bar. Results and outcome focused
· Organized, detail oriented, with strong project management skills
· Humble. Embraces continuous improvement. Doesn’t let perfect get in the way of better
· Strong communicator and strong presenter (written/verbal)
· Naturally a cross-functional collaborator. An active listener, and strong believer in the power of teams
· Comfortable interfacing and communicating at all levels of the organization
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred
· 3-5 years of experience in a technical accounting role
· Technology proficient – ERP and CRM, MS Office suite (particularly Excel)
· Eligible to work in the US
Sportworks and Silver Falls Capital employees enjoy benefits that include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, simple IRA with company match, and more!
More about Sportworks:
Founded in 1990, Sportworks is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses are preferred by cyclists and transit operators, and transport more than 2 million bikes per month Worldwide. Suppling an end-to-end solution for sustainable mobility, we also supply innovative bike parking products for public and private-sector clients. Learn more here: https://www.sportworks.com/about-sportworks.
More about Silver Falls Capital:
Founded in 2018, Silver Falls Capital focuses on the acquisition and successful operations of small to medium size local businesses in Western Washington. The company has acquired five unique businesses that contribute to a diversified portfolio but consistent in having environmental health and sustainability missions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age (over 40), or disability (including AIDS, and cancer-related medical condition).
Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position.
$85,000 - $125,000 per year