The Cloud PM will oversee all customer migrations (from data centers to DHS GovCloud), serve as the primary customer interface and conduct meetings / track progress. While the Cloud PM is primarily responsible for managing project delivery of cloud migration work (Azure and AWS) with 30+ customer tenants, there are additional responsibilities. The Cloud PM is responsible for creating and tracking all Cloud Engineering and Operations work in Jira, managing contract deliverables (weekly and monthly reports), presenting and conducting customer meetings, as well as other related duties as assigned. A passion for performance, strong desire for quality conformance, and attention to detail are prerequisites for this position.
The applicant will report on progress throughout the performance period and ensure the engineering team and tasks are aligned with the Customer objectives and agreed timelines. Working to empower the tenants with all approved Cloud (Azure and AWS) offerings, best practices, and modernization to our Customer’s Program and overall experience.
- Overall responsibility for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the Cloud Engineering Tenant Support contract and will interface with Customer executives.
- Be prepared to provide sound advice as to prioritizing projects or tasks and when to delay.
- Change and Configuration Management best practices
- Enforce quality standards for engineered solutions.
- Cross functional communication.
- Effective operating organization and talent development.
- World class program and project execution
- Efficient and effective solution delivery process.
- Issue escalation to internal and external stakeholders where appropriate.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Administration Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or a related field
- 3 Years of IT Experience in managing, building, operating, and improving Cloud Computing environments in Azure or AWS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact and be involved with customers (tenants), client negotiations and interfacing with senior management
- Experience leading and collaborating with technical teams of diverse IT related skill sets
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Azure and AWS Cloud environments and deploying in Government environments.
- Extensive knowledge of managing work in Jira (or similar work tracking systems) and ability to prepare useful reports to foster data-driven decision making.
- Exemplary communication, analytical skills, and technical knowledge across the client environment that facilitates resolving technical issues in customer cloud migrations.
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation.
- Other position-related duties as assigned
- US Citizen
Desired Certifications (not required)
- Agile methodology certification
- Cloud practitioner-level certs for Azure and AWS
Security Level Required