We are seeking a creative and motivated Social Media and Communication Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing the organization's social media platforms, developing engaging content, and coordinating communication efforts to promote our mission and programs.
The Somali Bantu Association of America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and empowering the Somali Bantu community and other East African, European and other immigrant populations in America. Our mission is to provide resources, services, and advocacy to enhance the well-being and integration of immigrant individuals and families to American society.
We are seeking a creative and motivated Social Media and Communication Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing the organization's social media platforms, developing engaging content, and coordinating communication efforts to promote our mission and programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of social media trends, excellent communication skills, and a passion for community engagement.
-Develop and implement a social media strategy to increase the organization's online presence and engagement.
- Manage and update the organization's social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn,
- Create and curate engaging content, including posts, images, videos, and infographics, that align with the organization's mission and programs.
– Must be present at all SBAOA planned events - Monitor social media trends and identify opportunities for increased visibility and engagement.
- Monitor social media trends and identify opportunities for increased visibility and engagement.
- Respond to comments, messages, and inquiries on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner - Coordinate with program managers and staff to gather information and stories for social media content.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and videographers to create visually appealing and compelling social media content
- Track and analyze social media metrics to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field - Proven experience managing social media platforms for an organization or brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Strong understanding of social media platforms, algorithms, and best practices.
- Proficiency in social media management tools, such as Hootsuite or Buffer.
- Proficient graphic design skills and familiarity with design software, such as Canva or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with video editing and production is a plus!
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with the Somali Bantu community and other East African cultures is preferred.
Schedule and Compensation:
- This is initially a part-time position, with up to 29 hours per week, with future potential for full-time work imminent.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position, and samples of your social media work, photographs and videos to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please also include your availability and desired start date. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Somali Bantu Association of America is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Thank you for considering this opportunity with the Somali Bantu Association of America. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Patricia Moore, HR Director,
Somali Bantu Association of America