LVN's for Skilled Nursing Facility, Gardena, CA
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) at our Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) plays a crucial role in providing high-quality, compassionate nursing care to residents. The LVN will work under the direction of registered nurses and medical staff to ensure the well-being and comfort of residents within the SNF.
1. **Patient Care:**
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Monitor and assess residents' health conditions, reporting any changes to the registered nurse or healthcare team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of resident care plans.
- Provide basic bedside care, including but not limited to wound care, catheter care, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records for residents.
- Document nursing interventions, resident responses, and any changes in condition.
- Communicate effectively with the healthcare team through written and verbal reports.
- Collaborate with registered nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care for residents.
- Assist in the coordination of interdisciplinary care conferences to discuss residents' progress and care plans.
4. **Education and Support:**
- Provide education and support to residents and their families regarding their health conditions and care plans.
- Foster a positive and supportive environment for residents, promoting their independence and dignity.
- Adhere to all nursing and healthcare standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations governing nursing practices in SNFs.
6. **Emergency Response:**
- Respond promptly to emergency situations, demonstrating proficiency in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team in developing and implementing emergency response protocols.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a valid LVN license.
- Previous experience in a skilled nursing facility or a similar healthcare setting is preferred.
- Strong clinical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in basic nursing procedures and medication administration.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid LVN license in the state of practice.
6. **Physical Requirements:**
- Ability to lift and move residents as needed.
- Stamina to stand and walk for extended periods.
The LVN will work in a dynamic healthcare environment within the SNF, collaborating with a diverse healthcare team to provide comprehensive care for residents.
This job description is a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of the LVN in a Skilled Nursing Facility and is subject to change based on the needs of the facility and residents.
$38 - $40 per hour