Headquartered in Columbia, MO, Solar Sam is locally owned with an engaging and entrepreneurial culture focusing on providing various solar options at an affordable cost. Solar Sam sells solar energy systems to residential and commercial locations throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois, serving these markets through installation, service, and maintenance. Fully licensed and insured, with a BBB “A” rating, we are a company with integrity, focused on quality products and service. These elements, coupled with the energy savings and environmental stewardship generated through solar energy, lead to a satisfied customer. We are looking for team members who are interested in growing with us as we grow in our existing markets as well as into other markets within the US.
Solar Sam is seeking a full-time Office Manager to join our growing team. The Office Manager is expected to manage the day-to-day administrative tasks and responsibilities related to the office, the employees, and the sales team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of an office with employees, customers, and sales staff
- Accounting responsibilities related to A/R, A/P, and payroll
- Answer calls, make outgoing calls and set appointments
- Organize and prepare for employee meetings
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Support sales staff by handling calls, setting appointments, and creating and monitoring reports
- Support project manager with projects, documentation, and ongoing customer maintenance
- Order and file permits with county offices; assist with documentation for projects
- Provide ongoing service to customers
- Calendar management for self and others
- Use a variety of software packages and online applications to support sales processes and customer service, produce documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Workstation setup and IT oversight
- Assist with special projects.
- Promote the brand
- Perform other duties as assigned as necessary for business needs or demands.
- High School Diploma
- 4-5 years of office management experience
- Confident; self-motivated
- Working knowledge of office equipment, including printers, fax machines, and computers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Office
- Knowledge of Zoho CRM and Sales Rabbit, a plus
- Willingness to be coached; accepts feedback and acts on it
- Able to cultivate and maintain professional relationships; strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to solve problems
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Work environment: office, sitting at a desk for long periods of time, occasional driving of a motor vehicle
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
- Adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, talk with coworkers, customers, vendors, sales reps, and determine the accuracy of the assigned work.
- Travel as necessary to county offices, post office, bank, etc.
*NOTE:*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Recognize the nature of information and maintain confidentiality
- Continuous learner
- Work safely and report hazards or risks immediately
- Maintain a clean and valid driver’s license.
- Able to pass a drug and background check
- Onboarding and ongoing support by management.
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Work-Life Balance
- Base salary with bonus opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year