We are looking for a highly organized and experienced Insurance Verification Specialist preferably with a background in home health or outpatient physical, occupational, or speech therapy settings
We are looking for a highly organized and experienced Insurance Verification Specialist, preferably with a background in home health or outpatient physical, occupational, or speech therapy settings. As a member of our exceptional team, the ideal candidate will possess the same qualities as our current staff, including being diligent, forward-thinking, detail-oriented, and capable of handling a variety of tasks with precision and enthusiasm.
This role will involve verifying insurance coverage for new patients and referrals, as well as updating information for existing patients. Your duties will also involve contacting insurance providers to obtain pre-authorization for recommended services and procedures. Strong phone communication skills are essential for this role. After verifying coverage, you will help patients understand their financial responsibilities.
At Sobe Innovative Rehabilitation, our Insurance Verification Specialists play a crucial role in ensuring that our patients are quickly onboarded with an accurate understanding of their financial responsibility for services. The revenue cycle depends heavily on this role, and as such, requires excellence. Your employment with Sobe Innovative Rehabilitation is rewarded through a robust benefits package including profit-sharing 401k, PTO, sick leave, paid holidays, bonus program, and a fun, uplifting work environment.
Insurance Verification Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify insurance information for new patients and referrals
- Update insurance information for existing patients
- Contact insurance providers to obtain pre-authorization for recommended services and procedures
- Explain to patients their financial responsibilities
- Inform relevant clinical staff about patient insurance changes/updates
- Answer questions related to billing and insurance
Insurance Verification Specialist Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience in patient intake, insurance verification, and/or medical billing
- Knowledge of CPT codes and basic medical terminology preferred
- Strong phone communication skills
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is a plus
- At least one year of experience at the current employer is required
$19 - $20 per hour