Accountability, Collaboration, Effective Communication, Values Differences, Attends to Details, Problem Solving, Customer Service Focus, Commitment to Development of Technical Expertise
Employee Wellbeing (30%)
- Conduct quarterly surveys of National Office employees, contractors, and volunteers to identify opportunities to strengthen the organization’s culture.
- Oversee the consistent application of employee performance appraisal and professional development systems and processes to facilitate employee growth.
- Facilitate resolution of employee concerns by implementing best practice conflict resolution and restorative justice processes.
- Consistently demonstrate a growth mindset in helping SMART Recovery employees thrive.
- Implement meaningful employee recognition programs.
HR Compliance (30%)
- Assist management and the Board of Directors with maintaining a best practice set of Human Resource policies and procedures that comply with all relevant laws and regulations, including laws in new states where employees may be hired.
- Maintain complete and accurate personnel files for every employee in secure locations according to best practice legal standards.
- Investigate reports of problematic employee, contractor, and volunteer behavior, as requested, in a thorough, compassionate, and timely manner.
- Maintain adequate documentation regarding the resolution of concerns and reports of problematic behavior, including disciplinary actions and terminations, when necessary.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data, ensuring that it is protected from theft, loss, tampering, and unauthorized destruction.
- Maintain accurate employee and employment data in the payroll system, including verification of new hire data and pay rates.
- Ensure that all hourly time, Paid Time Off, and expense reimbursement requests are reviewed by authorized individuals before running payroll.
- Process payroll accurately and on time each pay period.
- Ensure that terminated employees receive an accurate final paycheck in accordance with the organization’s policies and the terms of their separation.
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll tax withholding and filing.
- Ensure the accuracy of all employer and employee benefit deductions.
- Collaborate with the Bookkeeper to ensure accurate reflection of payroll transactions in the organization’s accounting system.
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding (15%)
- Assist management in developing accurate and compelling job descriptions and postings for all available positions.
- Collaborate with management to recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified applicants for all available positions.
- Conduct background checks and employee eligibility verifications for all new employees.
- Ensure all onboarding documents are filed in Employee files in a complete and timely manner.
- Implement new hire orientation programs.
- Support teams in recruiting and onboarding new volunteers, as needed, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Periodically review employee compensation and responsibilities to ensure appropriate employment classifications.
- Conduct periodic audits of employee files for completeness and accuracy.
- Engage with financial and other auditors as the HR subject matter expert and ambassador for the organization.
- Prepare complete and accurate materials and information for all audits.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- Maintain a professional business image
- Be results-oriented, have sound judgment, and demonstrate excellent people skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of HR and payroll best practices, processes, and procedures
- Ability to navigate sensitive interpersonal issues with compassion
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, balance, sit, walk, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position is a hybrid position. The employee may perform many of their duties from home, but will also need to be able to commute to the office to access personnel files, as needed.
- Travel may occasionally be required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five (5) years' experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Experience with multiple-state payroll is preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.