Skyward is building the next generation of secure web applications for sensitive workflows. You’ll be involved in all aspects of creating better applications and get to see your impact on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of experience designing and delivering high quality web applications.
- Build analytics or ETL pipelines that ingest data from heterogeneous sources.
- Develop backend code which efficiently and effectively interfaces with front end code to transact; experience in Django or web frameworks required.
- Develop extensible software solutions using Python, Java, Go, Rust etc.
- Have experience with event streaming architectures and associated tools (e.g. Kafka, NiFi, RabbitMQ, SQS, service meshes, etc).
- Work with event-driven data analytics and associated tools (e.g. ELK, beats, GraphQL, etc).
- Create and deploy Helm charts to K8s.
- Be comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience using CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Sonarqube, ArgoCD, etc) to improve code quality and efficiently deploy applications.
- Develop robust, portable & interoperable solutions to difficult problems.
- Have prior experience as an architect with hands on, leadership, and mentoring experience.
- Mentor, teach, and coach junior engineers to improve their engineering skills and responsibilities.
- Be willing to participate in weekly agile scrum events.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, to work with development teams, technical staff, and project leads in order to rapidly resolve technical issues.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and expand roles and responsibilities.
- Have an active Top Secret Clearance and be clearable to TS/SCI; preference for active TS/SCI clearance
At Skyward Federal we make a difference by challenging the status quo. We solve problems others aren’t or can’t. Our solutions provide meaningful impact to ongoing missions. Skyward is a start-up so expect to be challenged not only by the gnarly problems we take on as a company, but with tasks outside this job description and outside your current skill set.
Skyward knows that our special sauce is our people and we pride ourselves on creating a culture that allows individuals and teams to contribute and shine. As a team we value a willingness to tackle challenging and ambitious projects through collaboration, finding a way to “yes”, and strong communication. Another thing about our team, we like to drink lots of coffee.
Skyward offers competitive benefits:
- Fully vested 10% 401K matching
- 100% company-paid premiums for comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you & your dependents
- 100% company-paid premiums for short and long term disability insurance
- 100% company-paid life insurance policy
- Unlimited sick leave events
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- All 11 federal & 2+ Skyward holidays
- $5,000 annual personal educational budget
- Awesome equipment (MacBook Pro and more), plus a home office set-up budget
- Monthly personal coffee budget (our most popular benefit)
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely with a geographically dispersed team. This position will need to go into the office in Colorado Springs, CO as needed. Some travel may be required on an as needed basis. Must be a US citizen.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $145,000-$165,000. Final salary will be determined based on work location, job-related skills, experience and training/education.