The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of experience supporting air-gapped Kubernetes-based deployments (AWS EKS preferred).
- Has relevant experience deploying workloads to Kubernetes, and using common Kubernetes tools (Helm, Kubectl, etc.).
- Create and deploy Helm charts to K8s.
- Experience with decomposing requirements and writing Infrastructure-as-Code modules from scratch (Terraform preferred).
- Comfortable managing Infrastructure as Code repositories with git.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and troubleshooting CI/CD environments and pipelines (Gitlab, Jenkins, Argo, Container Registries, and testing tools including SonarQube and Prisma Cloud).
- Experience in working with and troubleshooting air-gapped network deployments, ideally on Kubernetes.
- At least a moderate level understanding of containerized and microservice-based architectures (Docker, containerd, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, etc.).
- Experience in delivering Identity Management services (Keycloak preferred).
- Basic understanding of cloud networking concepts and technologies to include VPC Peering, Transit Gateways, NATs, IPSec VPNs, WAFs, etc.
- Functional understanding of Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with decomposing security requirements and automating system hardening to satisfy STIG, SRG, and RMF requirements.
- Be comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Have an active Top Secret Clearance and be clearable to TS/SCI; preference for active TS/SCI clearance.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and expand roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, to work with development teams, technical staff, and project leads in order to rapidly resolve technical issues.
At Skyward Federal we make a difference by challenging the status quo. We solve problems others aren’t or can’t. Our solutions provide meaningful impact to ongoing missions. Skyward is a start-up, so expect to be challenged not only by the gnarly problems we take on as a company, but with tasks outside this job description and outside your current skill set.
Skyward knows that our special sauce is our people and we pride ourselves on creating a culture that allows individuals and teams to contribute and shine. As a team we value a willingness to tackle challenging and ambitious projects through collaboration, finding a way to “yes”, and strong communication. Another thing about our team, we like to drink lots of coffee.
Skyward offers competitive benefits:
- Fully vested 10% 401K matching
- 100% company-paid premiums for comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you & your dependents
- 100% company-paid premiums for short and long term disability insurance
- 100% company-paid life insurance policy
- Unlimited sick leave events
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- All 11 federal & 2+ Skyward holidays
- $5,000 annual personal educational budget
- Awesome equipment (MacBook Pro and more), plus a home office set-up budget
- Monthly personal coffee budget (our most popular benefit)
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely with a geographically dispersed team. This position will need to go into the office in Colorado Springs, CO as needed. Some travel may be required on an as needed basis, but not often. Must be a US citizen.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $125,000-$145,000. Final salary will be determined based on work location, job-related skills, experience and training/education.