The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A), specifically in the decomposition of CCI and control level requirements, then technical implementation in the various layers of complex technical systems..
- Experience with information security hardening tools to include DISA STIGs, SRGs, CIS benchmarks, Tenable.sc (Security Center), Nessus, DAST through OWASP ZAP, SAST through SonarQube, and container scanning through Prisma Cloud Compute (Twistlock) or Anchore.
- Experience with DOD Cyber Security Requirements, Policies, and Procedures (DOD 8500.01, 8510.01, NIST 800 Series, ICD 503).
- Ability to create, review, and update system/site policies, procedures, process guides, STIGs, PPSM, POA&Ms, architecture diagrams, system software lists, and other artifacts.
- High-level understanding of abstract computing layers, and automation within cloud-native technologies including application containerization/microservices, container orchestration (Kubernetes), cloud-networking, and cloud-storage through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Terraform, Terragrunt, or CloudFormation.
- Facilitate cybersecurity and information assurance efforts throughout DevSecOps pipeline in both AWS and Azure environments, and their US Government offerings.
- Certification in some or all of the following: DOD IAT Level II, CISSP, CASP, CySA+, Security+, Network+, Linux+, AWS, Azure, Gitlab, Kubernetes, RHEL, Ubuntu
- Ability to articulate findings, issues, and plans of actions and milestones clearly and effectively with customers and government authorizing officials.
- Ability to communicate clearly, calmly, and effectively, and to work with development teams, technical staff, and project leads in order to rapidly resolve technical issues.
- Be eager to learn new technologies, and to take on expanded roles and responsibilities.
- Have an active Top Secret Clearance and be clearable to TS/SCI; preference for active TS/SCI clearance.
At Skyward Federal we make a difference by challenging the status quo. We solve problems others aren’t or can’t. Our solutions provide meaningful impact to ongoing missions. Skyward is a start-up so expect to be challenged not only by the gnarly problems we take on as a company, but with tasks outside this job description and outside your current skill set.
Skyward knows that our special sauce is our people and we pride ourselves on creating a culture that allows individuals and teams to contribute and shine. As a team we value a willingness to tackle challenging and ambitious projects through collaboration, finding a way to “yes”, and strong communication. Another thing about our team, we like to drink lots of coffee.
Skyward offers competitive benefits:
- Fully vested 10% 401K matching
- 100% company-paid premiums for comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you & your dependents
- 100% company-paid premiums for short and long term disability insurance
- 100% company-paid life insurance policy
- Unlimited sick leave events
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- All 11 federal & 2+ Skyward holidays
- $5,000 annual personal educational budget
- Awesome equipment (MacBook Pro and more), plus a home office set-up budget
- Monthly personal coffee budget (our most popular benefit)
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely with a geographically dispersed team. This position will need to go into the office in Colorado Springs, CO as needed. Some travel may be required on an as needed basis, but not often. Must be a US citizen.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $130,000-$155,000. Final salary will be determined based on work location, job-related skills, experience and training/education.