Position: Senior Manager - Hotel Operations
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Senior Manager - Hotel Operations is responsible for planning, executing, and scaling the hotel operations service. This experienced hotel leader will combine strategic planning and analysis with operational execution by supporting the hotel Front Office, Guest Services, and Housekeeping teams to manage hotel inventory and implement initiatives to make an immediate and long-term positive impact on hotel revenue and profitability. Responsibilities will range from managing the Front Office, Guest Services, and Housekeeping teams to strategic planning, such as elevating guest experience, recommending headcount and operational expense investments, setting goals, driving plan implementation, and ensuring effective reporting.
The leader will have a natural bias towards action, an ownership mentality, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. The leader will seek ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the operation with peers and direct reports, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to make the property successful. Working with the senior hotel leadership teams, this role will require the ability to influence and motivate team members at all levels across various job functions. It will be required to translate high-level goals into actionable plans for all team members. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental, property, and corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Generates meaningful synergy through streamlining operations and people, creating subject matter experts and initiatives for service standards, product offerings/developments, brand marketing, etc.
- Develops cohesive revenue, labor, sales, and operations strategies.
- Provides ongoing operations leadership and sales support to management within the front office, parking, facilities, housekeeping, public areas, and upsell initiatives, on a day-to-day basis.
- Shows relentless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
- Builds models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply the productivity and profitability of hotel operations.
- Builds an operations strategy that integrates existing leadership teams and overall company objectives.
- Drives product and process improvements with outcomes of investing in and retaining top talent.
- Ensures proper setup, use, and management of technology and makes timely updates to support the addition of new programs, partners, and technology to remain competitive and optimize team member productivity and performance.
- Designs and develops additional products, premium experiences, and ancillary revenue streams within the hotel vertical.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with revenue, marketing, facilities, design/construction, and hotel operations teams to implement best practices, programs, and procedures to drive revenue, efficiency, and productivity.
- Continuously researches guest, marketplace, and industry trends to understand spending by different verticals, programs, and campaigns and implements initiatives to maximize revenue potential.
- Actively participates in monitoring financials, revenue reporting, operations of assigned departments, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Ensures quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes encompassing the company's diversity commitment.
- Develops the property’s competitive advantage by attracting and acquiring talent that strengthens the property’s operating performance, service culture, and team member engagement to maximize the capability to drive operational excellence.
- Ensures all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Ensures that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and property-wide controls are enforced within the department.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- A high school degree or equivalent is required.
- Four years of hospitality or related field education or experience is required.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- At least 3 years of direct management experience recruiting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Excellent customer service, strategic, and analytical skills with strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, achieving goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to partner effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English is required, and a second language is a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
- Highly analytical in thought and recommendations and continually seek out the facts; can express a point of view without it being driven by an ego
- Engages others in general conversation tactics to build rapport quickly; can lead and adapt communication and presentation tactics to engage audience; displays adaptable interpersonal skills for a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Approaches fact-finding and discovery missions in a collaborative effort; values input and experiences of others that create additional insight to uncover deeper issues that need to be addressed or removed as a barrier to implementation
- Passionate in driving results of their effort and others; can influence others to take direction to execute on strategy through tactical methods; and is comfortable in prioritizing their work and that of others
- Comfortable in being a "general" in identifying strategic needs, yet can be a "soldier" to ensure the implementation of a strategic plan is implemented
- Values the importance of making decisions with integrity, maintaining confidentiality across internal work groups, and knows how to use discretion when appropriate; understands the difference between transparency and confidentiality.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions and varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, and noise. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. May be required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken, including using appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.