Position: Public Area Utility Porter
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Utility Porter will be responsible for cleaning duties as directed by the Housekeeping Manager – Cleans Public Areas using various equipment, materials, and techniques to maintain the physical appearance of all public areas of the property. This includes but is not limited to adhering to all processes, supporting department team members, maximizing opportunities for departmental success, maintaining all Silverland Standards, and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Cleans and maintains public areas and the assigned premises, including lobby, hallways, public area restrooms, outside areas, etc..
- Routinely performs deep cleaning processes to ensure overall cleanliness of the property.
- Keeps the department supply areas organized and clean.
- Performs inventories and delivers/stocks supplies as required.
- Removes trash daily from throughout the facility and transfer it to dumpster.
- Communicates politely and displays courtesy to guests and internal staff..
- Communicates to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal staff comments, and other relevant information.
- Communicates with coworkers and supervisor to ensure quality service.
- Adheres to all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and property and department standards.
- Actively contributes to the departmental performance and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Supports all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and controls property-wide that are enforced within the department.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Stays informed of all new developments within the department.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age, Gaming, and Certifications:
- Eighteen years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent degree preferred.
- Conversational English is required—must be able to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute essential addition and subtraction.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include rigorous physical ability such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (50) pounds and long spans of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions and varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, and noise. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken, including using appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.