Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing diagnostic, inspections, general repairs, and preventative maintenance for the hotel premises as well as its sister property, Virginia City RV Park. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for guest room maintenance, responding to requests from facilities leadership and hotel management, and regularly scheduled maintenance. This includes but is not limited to, minor electrical, plumbing, sewer, and HVAC repairs while maintaining all Silverland Standards and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction for all guests and internal team members.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Promptly resolves guest room maintenance concerns.
- Inspects the hotel premises regularly to ensure we are meeting our safety standards.
- Arranges for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, public areas, outdoor facilities, kitchens, parking areas, and RV Park.
- Completes basic maintenance-related tasks and assists in deep cleaning to keep the premises in an excellent state of cleanliness and repair.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles and light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, unclogging toilets, and replacing faucets, washers, and hydrants at the RV Park.
- Carries tools, prepares the work site following our safety policies, and assists other team members.
- Cleans and maintains grounds, including sidewalks, parking lots, plant trimming, plant beds, and the lawn.
- Assists with setting up and dismantling furniture for events.
- Assists with snow removal and shoveling as necessary.
- Empties trash receptacles into the dumpster daily.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to management.
- Replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner to minimize waste.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Adheres to all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and ensures property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Actively contributes to the departmental performance and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Follows all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and controls.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
- OSHA 10 is a plus.
- Valid Nevada Driver's License Preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent degree required. Successful completion of an apprenticeship, vocational/trade program, or college courses required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Requires general computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools and testing equipment and materials. Fluent knowledge of chemicals, SDS personal protection equipment, sanitation, and OSHA guidelines is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English is required, and a second language is a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least seventy (70) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- Must be able to interact with staff and guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members are expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions. Operates in a working environment with varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, and noise. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. Required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken, including using appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.