Position: Housekeeping Manager
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Front Office
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Housekeeping Manager oversees the day-to-day housekeeping operations for all guest rooms, public areas, back-of-house, and laundry service. The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring all Silverland standards are maintained by all team members at all times. This position is also responsible for providing team leadership and guidance to enhance employee engagement and drive guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the Silverland standards of cleanliness and appearance for all housekeeping areas, including but not limited to guest rooms, public areas, back of house, and laundry services.
- Manages all levels of housekeeping staff, including, guest room attendants, public area utility porters, and laundry attendants.
- Manages staff scheduling including time off requests, holiday shifts, etc.
- Manages many personality types and works efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment. Implements a calm environment when under pressure.
- Provides clear direction, establishes goals and appropriate time frames, manages overall guest satisfaction, and monitors progress to achieve desired results.
- Conducts effective pre-shift meetings to ensure timely, accurate, and pertinent communication with staff.
- Assists team in daily cleaning tasks and checklists as necessary.
- Oversees the daily duties checklists, which include, but are not limited to, room quality control, guest requests, tracking keys, daily pass downs, conducting pre-shifts, overseeing special projects, and maintaining equipment and supplies necessary to support the department.
- Ensures staff is equipped with all tools to serve the guests’ needs, which include, but are not limited to, making yourself available for staff by consistently walking floors, answering questions, following up with employees, addressing issues and concerns, giving clear expectations and directions for tasks and assignments.
- Conducts inspections in all guest rooms, hallways, and related back-of-house spaces to maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Responsible for the productivity of assigned staff members. Works closely with staff to ensure their success. Assists with training and staff development. Creates and conducts performance reviews.
- Focuses on key drivers of employee engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Performs employee coaching and disciplinary actions by bringing performance issues or policy violations to the attention of Senior Management as issues occur or are assigned by department leadership.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with fellow management and other departments to enhance the guest experience.
- Works closely with the maintenance and engineering departments to ensure upkeep of the rooms.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Effectively interacts with internal teams and guests, requiring patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Addresses housekeeping guest issues.
- Maintains the Silverland service standards to guests and coworkers at all times.
- Knows and adheres to Silverland policies and procedures, embraces company culture, and takes pride in the property and amenities.
- Understands and is well-versed in the property, hotel features, services, and surrounding area recommendations available to guests.
- Attends required training classes and incorporates new knowledge gained into daily work practices.
- Looks for opportunities to assist peers, guests, other departments, or leadership at all times.
- Ensures awareness of guest experience at all times, smiles, makes eye contact, and communicates professionally.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned by Senior Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- A high school degree or equivalent is required.
- Two years of hospitality or related field education or experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Mews, a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English is required. Ability to write instructions. Ability to effectively present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- Must be able to work proficiently within a team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must possess a positive, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Candidate must be well groomed and professional.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to deal with problems involving guests and operational issues while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Candidates must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding guests and staff.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.