Position: Guest Room Attendant
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Guest Room Attendant cleans assigned guest rooms and facility areas according to established quality standards and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to fulfilling job responsibilities to support the department and maximize opportunities for success, maintaining all Silverland Standards, and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Cleans assigned guest rooms and suites to meet Silverland's level of cleanliness and service.
- Removes soil, dirt, soap build-up, and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower, curtain, and floor.
- Replaces facial, toilet tissue, and bathroom amenities in the correct amount and location. Inspects the condition of towels and linens, replaces soiled/damaged ones, and performs job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy. Completes all assigned room cleaning credits.
- Transports cart with cleaning supplies, amenities, and linens to assigned guest suite and positions securely, always blocking the entrance to room or suite.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Uses correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintains a safe and pristine work environment at all times.
- Appropriately direct guest's questions and complaints.
- Ensures all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in executing short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; implements changes required for improvement; identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Stays informed of all new developments within the department.
- Ensures that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and property-wide controls are enforced within the department.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English is required, and a second language is a plus. Ability to write instructions. Ability to present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.