Position: Front Office Manager
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Front Office
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Front Office Manager is responsible for managing and supervising the daily duty shifts and providing support to senior leadership in the department's front and back office operations. The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery and quality of guest service and immediately addressing and resolving guest challenges and feedback. The Front Office Manager must maintain a consistent lobby and front desk presence while ensuring all staff are performing in accordance with our company standards.
- Interacts positively with all guests and fellow employees.
- Promotes hotel facilities and services.
- Actively promotes the company's core values and service standards by setting a positive example.
- Conduct pre-shift staff meetings to communicate company updates, policy changes, hotel occupancy, special events, and messages from Senior Management.
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring process; conducts initial screening of all possible candidates.
- Manages front office staff scheduling including time off requests, holiday shifts, etc.
- Monitors daily staff schedule and shift break board, ensuring staff are reporting to work, leaving, and taking their breaks on time.
- Constantly supervises the front and back offices to ensure the efficiency of operations.
- Controls payroll expense by monitoring shift activity, allowing staff to "early out" during slow periods, and verifying the accuracy of employee clock-ins/outs.
- Monitors and corrects the performance of employees by coaching employees as needed and issuing disciplinary action for all Front Office staff.
- Ensures employees comply with all Department and Company policies.
- Supports hotel rate integrity and availability throughout the duty shift.
- Ensures shift checklists and reports are completed before the end of the shift and information is distributed effectively.
- Ensures the arrival and departure experience for all guests are in accordance with Silverland’s standards and the integrity of the company’s ambiance is maintained.
- Ensures that all system training and Silverland’s standards are conducted on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and executes staff engagement programs with assigned teams; monitors team performance and contributes to overall department goals.
- Conducts systems training (Mews, Oaky, Toast POS) along with Silverland’s service training to all new hires; provides guidance and support daily.
- Resolves guest challenges and special requests in a timely manner and coordinates with outside departments for completion; Assists in investigating and responding to guest comments and conduct follow-up as needed
- Completes and issues employee evaluations upon approval of Senior Management.
- Develops, coaches, counsels, and provides staff advancement for promotional opportunities
- Manages compensation and supplies expense; tracks upsell program; updates attendance and timecards in ADP.
- Ensures duty shift rounds include inspection of public area cleanliness of the lobby, front desk, public area facilities, and elevator.
- Regularly checks website for outdated information and informs marketing to correct it when needed.
- Jumps in and supports front desk operations as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above
Education and Experience:
- A high school degree or equivalent is required (college preferred)
- Minimum two years of front office or hospitality-related experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Experience with and working knowledge of Mews or other property management systems is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English is required. Ability to write instructions. Ability to effectively present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (20) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.