Position: Front Desk Representative
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Front Office
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Front Desk Representative is responsible for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests before arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue through the sale of upgrades and guest amenities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to carrying out and maintaining processes, supporting the department and maximizing opportunities for departmental success, maintaining all Silverland Standards, and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of service.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Greets all guests and property visitors with a friendly and professional demeanor and efficiently processes check-ins.
- Responds to guest questions and concerns respectfully; provide basic concierge services such as informing guests of events, local attractions, etc.
- Assigns guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures; accepts same-day reservations as required.
- Maintains knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups, and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Handles assigned cash properly and perform account postings.
- Processes guest accounts upon check-out efficiently and accurately.
- Stays informed of all new developments within the department.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Participates in executing short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; implements changes required for improvement; identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Ensures that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and property-wide controls are enforced within the department.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- A high school degree or equivalent is required.
- Hospitality or related field education or experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office is required..
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Mews or other property management systems is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English is required. Ability to write instructions. Ability to effectively present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.