Position: Catering & Banquets Manager
Location: Virginia City, NV 89440, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Division: Catering & Banquets
Department: Catering & Banquets
Silverland Inn & Suites is a 70-room hotel in the breathtaking, historic mining town of Virginia City, NV. We strive to provide guests with an unforgettable experience by combining modern hotel amenities and comforts with an immersive journey into the area's rich heritage. Our team takes great pride in offering friendly service that makes visitors feel at home so they can relax and explore this unique corner of America.
At Silverland Inn & Suites, our mission is to create memorable experiences through exceptional hospitality while preserving the legacy of Virginia City through education for generations to come. With our passionate staff working together devotedly towards this goal, we envision a future wherein all those who visit are inspired by their stay at Silverland Inn & Suites and become ambassadors for the history and beauty of" The Comstock" region.
The Silverland Inn & Suites Catering & Banquets Manager is responsible for generating group sales revenue for the property and overseeing the successful organization and coordination of group room reservations and event execution. The Catering & Banquets Manager provides accurate and timely event information to the various Hotel and Food & Beverage departments regarding group program details to provide outstanding guest experience with maximum effectiveness for the property.
- Ensures all Silverland Inn & Suites core values and service standards are implemented and upheld.
- Oversees all aspects of event delivery including planning, coordination, and successful execution.
- Details and upsells group contracts, manages room inventory for group room blocks, and meets all contract deadlines to ensure smooth on-site operation of banquet programming.
- Constantly maintains five-star rating on post-event surveys and embodies model behavior.
- Achieves or exceeds monthly catering & banquet sales goals.
- Stays informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal team and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Promotes positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Silverland contractors, and in all interactions with the event host and surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Silverland brand.
- Generates catering & banquet sales through daily prospecting via email, phone, canvassing, and hosted lunch and learns.
- Develops and grows relationships with key accounts to maximize sales potential.
- Utilizes knowledge of local/regional sales opportunities to drive group sales and event catering revenue.
- Conducts review of hotel facilities and services with client; conducts site inspections.
- Coordinates meetings, creating and distributing Meeting Event Orders and group resumes to appropriate departments and staff
- Possesses strong creative and analytical skills to create and assess the impact of sales and marketing programs.
- Provides regular sales updates on production achievement.
- Complies with all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and controls property-wide are enforced.
- Ensures the department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by attending regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property-wide communication
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of the industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Age and Certifications:
- Twenty-one years of age or above.
Education and Experience:
- A high school degree or equivalent is required.
- Hospitality or related field education or experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Experience selling to a broad cross-section of channels (i.e. corporate, medical, athletics, bridal, education, retail, etc.) focusing on B2B sales.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English is required, and a second language is a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Applying fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability, such as lifting or maneuvering at least fifty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with staff and guests professionally.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions and varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, and noise. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. May be required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken, including using appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
Maley Holdings is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maley Holdings does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.