This position may be remote, and we are also open to strong candidates interested in a part-time position, though full-time is preferred.
- Helping maintain and communicate HR policies to staff, coordinating the team to ensure policy adherence, and assisting with document organization.
- Early-stage recruiting according to the needs of directors and managers, including setting up new job listings, filtering out unqualified candidates based on criteria from the hiring manager, interview scheduling, and onboarding new hires.
- Assisting our finance manager with basic record-keeping and compliance tasks.
- Managing the physical office and coordinating the provisioning and distribution of physical resources such as equipment, furniture, and food/drink.
- Assisting directors and managers with other administrative and logistical support.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in an HR or administrative role.
- Highly self-organized, and independently motivated to maintain organization for the team.
- Proficiency with office apps, namely Excel/Sheets.
- Crisp communication and interpersonal skills; able to work kindly, respectfully, and intuitively alongside fast-paced creative teams.
- Always looking for new opportunities to polish processes, increase administrative productivity, and sharpen systems.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Gusto or similar HR/payroll management solutions.
- Familiarity with the business and operations of video game development and publishing.
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Notion, Airtable, or similar.
- Familiarity with state withholding & employment registrations.
- Passion for games and the video games industry.
Compensation and Benefits Offered
- $45,000 - $55,000 / year, based on experience and skillset
- Full-Time preferred, Part-Time possible
- Remote or In-Person (relocation assistance available)
- Health Plan, fully covered
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
- Open PTO policy
A message from the team: Even if you think you might be a little underqualified or misfit for the role based on the description above, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. We've always done our best to hire and nurture a diverse team of talented people, and we know firsthand that on-paper fit isn't everything. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another, and we know how hard it can be to put yourself out there, especially for people from marginalized or non-traditional backgrounds. But if you're excited by the idea of working with us, we'll always be excited to hear from you.