Sentinel Fertigation is a dynamic and innovative company committed to empowering precision chemigation management through digital solutions designed to enhance farm operational efficiency and profitability in sustainable crop production systems. As an Implementation Specialist at Sentinel, you will support our customers’ (agronomy service providers and farmers) use of our products including N-Time™ Insights and the Sentinel Chemigation Management System (CMS) platform. You will also contribute to the sales process by demonstrating our products, identifying and explaining product use cases, and answering technical questions for potential customers. Support and service are critical to ensuring that our customers have the best possible experience with Sentinel and our products. Strong communication skills, technical ability, and agricultural systems thinking are critical to success in this position. If you are ready to help usher in the next generation of chemigation management, apply to join the Sentinel team today.
- Support customers in product implementation including software onboarding, explaining functionality and outputs, ensuring prescription functionality/compatibility, etc.
- Facilitate solution delivery for issues identified by customers by handling issues or elevating them to the appropriate team member(s)
- Contribute to the sales process including:
- Hosting product demonstrations
- Identifying and explaining product use cases
- Answering technical questions for potential customers
- Explaining support processes and responsibilities
- Identifying potential customers
- Train and educate customers on use of N-Time™ Insights, Sentinel CMS, and other products through one-on-one meetings and group workshops.
- Develop training materials and programs in conjunction with the Product Support Specialist.
- Develop strong relationships with agronomic service providers and their farmer customers.
- Perform client and field visits before, during, and after the growing season to gather feedback, answer questions, and ensure/review performance.
- Contribute to coordination of on-farm research trials.
- Host demo-days, make presentations, attend farm shows and other industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, crop science, soil science, precision agriculture, agricultural technology, mechanized systems management, agricultural engineering, agribusiness, or other agriculture related discipline (Associate’s degree may be considered with 2+ years of experience).
- Experience with the following:
- FMIS software (e.g. Ag Leader SMS, John Deere Operations Center, Climate FieldView)
- Data and prescription import and export from monitors (e.g. John Deere 2630)
- Irrigation management software (e.g. AgSense, FieldNet, CropX)
- GIS software (e.g ArcMap, QGIS, Google Earth)
- Handling agricultural data (prescriptions, as-applied data), data formats (shapefiles, rasters), and data transfer (USB, wireless)
- Familiarity with precision agriculture concepts and imagery use in agriculture (grid sampling, management zones, variable rate input prescriptions, informed crop scouting)
- Exceptional relational, communication, file management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Diligence in learning and leveraging team and project management software in Microsoft Suite (Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, Planner, etc.)
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- 3+ years of industry or extension experience in customer/user support, agronomy, precision agriculture, or related topic area
- Startup/entrepreneurial and sales experience
- Maintains current CCA, working toward CCA, or willing to pursue CCA.
- Experience teaching and supporting software, especially for digital agriculture.
- Experience processing and interpreting yield data
- Familiarity with farming practices and terminology for nutrient management, irrigation management, tillage, cover crops, etc.
Compensation, Benefits, and Schedule
- Annual Salary: $80,000
- Additional Compensation: Equity Options
- Start Date: Winter 2023-2024
- Location: Lincoln, NE (preferred) or remote
- Family health insurance is provided in full.
- Individual dental, vision, group term life, and short- and long-term disability insurance is provided in full.
- Financial and time support of efforts to enhance skillset.
About Sentinel Fertigation
Founded in 2021, Sentinel Fertigation is based in Lincoln, NE, and builds digital solutions that empower precision chemigation management, including N-Time™ Insights which turn satellite images of crops into nitrogen application recommendations that increase nitrogen fertilizer use efficiency to improve farm profitability and minimize environmental impact. Sentinel received the Entrepreneurial Spirit award from the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, raised $1.2 million in pre-seed investment, and validated its impact at commercial scale during 2022. Sentinel is now scaling up to serve more customers and acres nationally with enhanced products and features.
Sentinel Fertigation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Sentinel Fertigation uses E-Verify.