We are hiring a full-time oyster farmer to join our team. This position is involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful in this position, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, physical stamina, and an eagerness to learn.
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- Positive Attitude.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Interest in working in an outdoor marine environment, oyster farming and aquaculture.
- Good communication skills.
- The physical ability to stand (with breaks) for up to 10 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to operate a tractor (training provided).
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Valid N.C. Driver’s License.
Not Required but Advantageous:
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Maintenance Experience.
- Knowledge of farming best practices/good husbandry.
- Boat Operations.
- Equipment Operations.
• Oyster Harvesting.
- Oyster Seed Planting and Husbandry.
- Operate small and heavy medium machinery such as forklifts, tractors, trucks and boats.
- Assist with environmental clean-up.
- Equipment maintenance which includes cleaning of equipment.
- Communicate via email and/or verbally with other employees, managers, and guests.
- Abide by the N. SEA. Oyster Company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Report to work in a timely manner and in accordance with the defined schedule.