Security Analyst – Global Security Operations Center
Join a team of passionate security professionals dedicated to protecting our client's business operations. SGS is a small, nimble business focused on partnering with our clients for mutual success. We are seeking a SA to become a valued team member supporting a rapidly growing global technology client.
The SA will be part of a GSOC team responsible for continuously monitoring the global network for breaches and anomalous activity. The SA will detect, analyze and limit intrusions and security events. The SA will work collaboratively to detect and respond to information security incidents, maintain and follow procedures for security event alerting, and participate in security investigations.
Additional responsibilities include such tasks as monitoring, research, classification, and analysis of security events that occur within our environment. The ideal candidate will have security industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging vulnerabilities and threats, as well as an ongoing understanding of key business and technological processes.
- Assist in establishing a mature and optimized Security Operations Center discipline to support managed security services focused on vulnerability and security information event management engagements.
- Monitor and analyze Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and other tools to identify security issues for remediation.
- Monitor and analyze alerts and notifications from multiple security systems.
- Communicate, escalate, and/or mitigate alerts regarding intrusions and compromises to the enterprise.
- Conduct operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies, including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host-based forensics, as needed.
- Perform scanning and monitoring activities to provide in-depth visibility into potential known and unknown vulnerabilities and threats that may pose risks to our environment.
- Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform hunting for malicious activity across the network and digital assets.
- Maintain incident logs with relevant activity.
- Document investigation results, ensuring relevant details are passed to GSOC Lead and stakeholders.
- Participate in root cause analysis or lessons learned sessions.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships/partnerships with the cyber security and infrastructure support teams throughout the Information Technology organization, as well as business units.
Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or related, focused technical training or four years of relevant experience that may have been acquired in the military or public sectors.
- 4 years of Information Technology experience, with at least two years of experience in information security working within security operations and two years’ experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console.
- Possession of Microsoft SC-200 Security Operations Analyst certificate (SC-200) or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Detailed understanding of NIST Special Publication 800-61 Revision 2, Computer Security Incident Handling Guide.
- Exceptional working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and the OSI model.
- In-depth knowledge of the Intelligence-driven defense utilizing the Cyber Kill Chain (CKC).
- Significant experience performing analysis of log files from various sources, including individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs.
- Significant experience with packet and malware analysis.
- Strong customer service skills and decision-making skills.
- Experience creating actionable content for various commercial security tools and/or SIEM technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to deconstruct problems.
Possess relevant certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Associate, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Formal IT Security/Network Certification such as SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), SANS GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), or SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH).
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Career Level: Junior
Exemption Type: Exempt
Security Clearance: Must successfully pass a company background check.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.