Come join a team of passionate security professionals dedicated to protecting our client's business operations. Schubring Global Solutions is a small, nimble business focused on partnering with our clients for mutual success. We are seeking a Security Engineer to become a valued member of our team supporting a rapidly growing global technology client.
As a self-starter who is motivated to find and accept a challenge, you will see the direct impact of your contributions directly impact the security of the enterprise.
- Develops and leads the vulnerability management function within a large, global enterprise.
- Deploys and refines Tenable products. This includes creating scan zones, policies, schedules, reports, and deployment of on-prem and cloud-based scanners.
- Regularly evaluates all TVM program and process related documentation
- Performing and providing vulnerability assessment results and recommendations to the team.
- Coordinated with IT to ensure prioritization of patching occurs and deployment is accomplished accordingly.
- Provide regular reporting on patch management program and overall operation status of patch compliance.
- Interact and describe conditions with technical and non-technical internal partners.
- Design and drive strategy and tactical plans toward holistic vulnerability management across multiple technology teams in a large complex organization
- Expert level familiarity with Tenable Nessus and Tenable.SC.
- Ensure effective and complete scanning of the corporate and production environments.
- Utilize the Cybersecurity lab as necessary to test and evaluate significant upgrades or patches to ensure there is no negative operational impact on operations post deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CISSP, CISA or equivalent designation.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep familiarity with Tenable Nessus and Tenable.SC.
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation and project repositories.
- Familiarity with Common Attack Vectors (I.e., MITRE ATT&CK Framework) and how to prevent them.
- Possess relevant certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Associate, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Formal IT Security/Network Certification such as SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), SANS GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), or ISC2 CISSP.
- Experience with Tenable.IO and Tenable.AD.
Location: Sterling, Virginia (open to virtual)
Job Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid
Exemption Type: Exempt
Security Clearance: Must successfully pass a company background check.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.