We are seeking a highly skilled Technical Cybersecurity Project Manager to manage and oversee cybersecurity projects supporting our client. The Technical Cybersecurity Project Manager will work closely with our cybersecurity team, technical teams, and business stakeholders to plan, execute, and deliver cybersecurity projects that enhance our organization's security posture.
- Develop project plans, schedules, and budgets for cybersecurity projects.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impact of risks.
- Manage project scope, timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Ensure that cybersecurity projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Monitor project progress and provide regular updates to stakeholders.
- Work closely with technical teams to ensure that cybersecurity projects are technically feasible and aligned with our organization's technical architecture.
- Coordinate with cybersecurity analysts to ensure that security requirements are adequately addressed in project plans and designs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure their support for cybersecurity projects.
- Manage project communications and ensure that project stakeholders are kept informed of project status and progress.
- Provide regular reports to management on project status, progress, and budget.
- Ensure that project deliverables are of the required quality and meet cybersecurity standards and guidelines.
- Facilitate project meetings, including project kickoff, status, and close-out meetings.
- Ensure that project documentation is complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Mentor other in project management consistent with the PMI PMBOK.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience managing technical cybersecurity projects.
- Experience with project management methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience with cybersecurity frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, and CIS preferred.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity tools and technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and SIEM solutions preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively with technical teams, cybersecurity analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional.
- Familiarity with JIRA, MS Project, or similar tools.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. The Technical Cybersecurity Project Manager will report to the Cybersecurity Program Manager and will work closely with other members of the cybersecurity team, as well as technical teams and business stakeholders across the organization.
- Travel: up to 10%
- Location: Sterling, VA
- Job Type: Full time
- Career Level: Mid-career (non-managerial)
- Category: Project/Program Management
- Exemption Type: Exempt
- Security Clearance: Must pass company background check
Equal Opportunity Employer Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply for our job openings. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported.