Come join a team of passionate security professionals dedicated to protecting our client's business operations. Schubring Global Solutions is a small, nimble business focused on partnering with our clients for mutual success. We are seeking a Security Engineer (SE) to become a valued member of our team supporting a rapidly growing global technology client.
The SE will be part of a team responsible for protecting a rapidly expanding global enterprise. The primary focus of the SE will be:
- Root cause analysis of issues identified by the GSOC and development of remediation plans.
- Representation of Security in new-build deployments (new or acquired sites) to ensure proper representation. This will require close coordination with other stakeholders and vendors.
- Assisting the larger team with vulnerability management, architecture, and configuration.
The ideal candidate will have security industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging vulnerabilities and threats, as well as an ongoing understanding of key business and technological processes.
- Conducting root cause analysis of various systems and processes in the environment.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to achieve deployment and management excellence.
- Establish and maintain connectors with the SIEM and SOAR tools.
- Represent the Cybersecurity team in meetings with the client’s vendors and stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, threats, and tools used to support enterprise security.
- Development of reference documentation.
- Perform other ad hoc duties to support the client’s security goals.
Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or related, focused technical training or four additional years of engineering experience that may have been acquired in the military or public sectors.
- 3 years of experience in the cybersecurity field, with at least 2 years of experience supporting cybersecurity systems deployments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internet protocols, firewalls, proxies, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Exceptional working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and the OSI model.
- Significant experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, including individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs.
- Significant experience with packet and malware analysis.
- Strong customer service skills and decision-making skills.
- Experience creating actionable content for a diverse range of commercial security tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to deconstruct problems.
- Possess relevant certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Associate, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Formal IT Security/Network Certification such as SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), SANS GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), or SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH).
- Understanding of NIST Special Publication 800-61 Revision 2, Computer Security Incident Handling Guide.
- Understanding of Fortinet hardware and fabric.
- Understanding of OT security in a hybrid environment.
Location: Sterling, Virginia (hybrid)
Job Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid
Exemption Type: Exempt
Security Clearance: Must successfully pass a company background check.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.