Join an award-winning nonprofit that helps create kind, confident, and curious kids through nature-based outdoor adventures.
The Communications Specialist at Schoolhouse of Wonder is a critical, public-facing member of our team. You’ll help to promote our mission, vision, values, and programs to existing and prospective customers, partners, and donors through strategic use of email marketing campaigns, newsletters, blogs, and social media. You’ll also manage external communications with participants through email, phone calls, and texts. Each year we serve thousands of kids, onboard dozens of new camp counselors, and run over a million dollars in revenue. If that sounds like an exciting challenge, please keep reading!
- You’re comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time, meeting tight deadlines, and solving problems independently or as part of team
- You’ve got great attention to detail
- You can quickly and deeply understand our brand
- You ask questions when things aren’t clear, can collaborate on solving problems, and like giving and receiving feedback
- You like a mixture of predictable (and, honestly, somewhat repetitive) tasks and new projects (especially those focused on systems improvements)
- We like to work independently and come together for check ins, problem solving, and planning sessions
- We mostly work remotely and rely on video meetings, phone calls, chats, and texts to stay in touch throughout the day
- We are highly motivated to be the best in our field – from welcoming a new camper to staff training to our onboarding process to our communications
- We aren’t there yet, but we work hard to make incremental improvements every single day
- We deeply believe in our mission and work hard to advance it
- Create and coordinate multimedia packages including:
- Collaborate with colleagues to fully understand communication needs
- Gather the information necessary to understand the project and competition; analyze to determine the most effective communications strategies
- Draft and proposes communications campaigns, which may include social and online media, print media, direct mail, and other multimedia avenues
- Present design ideas and recommendations to leadership
- Evaluate success of campaigns using a variety of metrics
- Respond to first-line emails and calls from parents, prospective parents, and other stakeholders
- Successfully and consistently use customer interaction tracking systems
- Loop in appropriate coworkers for higher level inquiries or issues
Administrative and Program Support
- Use your communications and administrative knowledge to keep our systems running smoothly, recommend improvements, and help our organization continue to improve
- General administrative support and office management including calendar coordination, mailings, research, and other projects
- Assist program staff with reports, program supplies, and logistics
- Assist in different data-driven projects including data entry, analysis, and reporting
- Assist with the maintenance of our CRM database, emailing platform, photo platform, and graphic design software
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or related field
- Two years of professional experience in communication is required; portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred
- Alternative to the above, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Intermediate skill in content creation and management of emailing platforms and social media
- Experience creating communications, PR, or social media calendars, strategy, and content
- Familiarity with MailChimp, SendinBlue, or other email platforms
- Intermediate skill with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
Workplace skills and qualities
- Passion for our mission
- Enjoyment of a busy and dynamic work environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of communications principles, methods, and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and as part a team
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of administrative and office functions including e-mail, filing, and professional communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to work with people with diverse personalities and abilities
- Curiosity and a sense of humor
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation depending on qualifications. The expected range is $18-$20 per hour.
- Schoolhouse of Wonder provides 100% paid health insurance
- A Professional Development Stipend
- An annual Gear Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Participation in Schoolhouse of Wonder retirement plan
Our mission and work
Schoolhouse of Wonder creates kind, curious, and confident kids through nature-based outdoor adventures. We do this through providing outdoor camp and field trip experiences for kids. We send every kid home dirty, tired, and happy.
The Communications Specialist position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
A complete application includes:
- Please include a cover letter that explains your interest in working as the Communications Specialist at Schoolhouse of Wonder (maximum one page). Please include your email and phone number.
- Your resume (maximum one page). Do not include photos of yourself on your resume.
- Please include your cover letter and resume as one document to upload.
Current certification in CPR and First Aid, up-to-date COVID vaccinations, and a successful background check are required before work can begin. Schoolhouse will pursue both indicated and non-indicated references.
This is an “at will” year-round, non-exempt, salaried position that reports directly to the CEO.
Qualified women, minorities, and bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply. We are fully invested in creating a supportive environment for all marginalized groups including women, people of color, and LGBT+ people by promoting community collaboration within our organization.
Schoolhouse of Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.