Bring your craft beverage passion and experience to the Schilling-verse! Schilling Cider has always strived to create a fun and productive workplace that every employee can be proud of. We foster a culture of creativity and continuous improvement with many avenues of potential growth, no matter where you start.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact [email protected] to discuss your application.
** Schilling Cider is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- Develop annual business plans for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plans.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing Team to create and deliver specific programs that are consistent with Schillings overall brand image.
- Effectively communicate with the Schilling Cider sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address account opportunities.
- Conduct retail account staff training as required.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need for This Position:
- 5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to off-premise chain accounts.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen and VIP reporting systems.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" regarding time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer)
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately upwards of 50% of the time).
- Lead by example and take initiative; are outgoing and approachable
- Possess a true entrepreneurial spirit.
- Can work independently and as a part of a team.
- Are energetic, organized, and motivated problem solvers.
- Are passionate about craft cider and have deep knowledge of the local craft market.
- Have strong sales, communication, and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel multiple times per year.
- Has a desire to create a long-term career path within Schilling Cider.
- Passion for cider and the beverage industry
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a reliable automobile
- Ability to handle and maneuver 30lb cases and team lift kegs
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends
- MUST be 21 years of age
Pay and Benefits
- Starting salary of $100,000 - $130,000 + bonus, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Electric Vehicle provided By Schilling with Electric bill stipend. $450 Vehicle Stipend +$.18 a mile until car provided
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Annual hobby stipend
- Cider, of course!
- Fun working environment in a growing industry
About Schilling Cider
Schilling Cider was founded in a garage in 2012. And while the glycol chiller that we run today couldn't even fit in that garage, the same spirit for making bold, flavor forward ciders and always figuring out how to do it better lives on today. Schilling Cider is the second largest cider producer in the US thanks to the team of people who work across the company. That growth has been enabled with the installation of a high-speed canning line capable of 1,200cpm. We're looking to add team members to help care for our equipment and improve processes. While it is no longer in a garage, the same culture and drive are there in what we do today and what we're laying the groundwork for tomorrow. Schilling Cider exists to Craft world-class beverages to elevate life’s everyday moments. Our values guide the work we do every day and help us create an engaging, fun, and rewarding workplace.