Hours of program operation are 3:00pm- 5:30pm, except for Wednesdays hours which are 2:00pm-5:30 pm. The program is open during February school vacation from 9:00am – 4:00pm and summer vacation for 6 six weeks.
Flexible schedules welcome!
*Availability to work on Wednesdays is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In collaboration with the Program Director, co-workers, and interns
- Ensure program safety
- Create a welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment
- Plan and implement group activities and program curriculum for the school year
- Lead designated classroom daily schedule
- Supervise by participation in activities with children
- Model appropriate behavior
- Complete daily behavior logs as well as weekly program reporting
- Initiate conversation and play with groups of children and one-on-one
- Take daily attendance
- Set up, serve, and clean-up food
- Accept the role and responsibilities of being a mandated reporter
- Ensure a neat and tidy facility at the end of each day’s program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this position. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in this position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree ( completed or in progress)
Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of child development principles
- Previous experience working with Elementary-aged youth
- Good boundaries and ability to set limits
- Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with children, parents, and co-workers
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a team as well as act independently
- Confidence to manage children’s behavior as well as handle conflicts between children
- Knowledge of and ability to administer basic first aid
- Successful completion of a background check