It's time for Salt & Main Accounting Co. to add another rockstar accountant to their team! Founded in 2021, we are a rapidly expanding, tech-forward accounting firm focused on continued growth. We are seeking an innovative and independent self starter to help bring our team to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you will need to treat our clients' businesses as if they were your own. This means taking ownership of your work, being adaptable to ever-changing regulations, and providing honest and ethical advice to your clients.
We foster education, career development, and a collaborative work environment at Salt & Main to help our accountants reach their full potential. If you are looking to get on board at ground level and take the ride, we are excited to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients to facilitate their bookkeeping and accounting needs in a variety of industries
- Code, categorize, and reconcile bank, credit card, loan, cash, and other accounts
- Reconcile and tie out all accounts with statements and/or amortization schedules
- Post payroll journal entries and accruals, reconcile all payroll and payroll tax accounts
- Post and reconcile daily sales against POS and tie out account balances
- Prepare and remit sales/excise/use tax returns
- Oversight of accounts receivables, including receiving payments against open invoices
- Overseeing accounts payable, including coding bills and paying vendors
- Reconciling deposits and undeposited funds
- Account reconciliations and audit of all financial transactions
- Prepare profit & loss, balance sheets, and other engagement reports
- Other accounting-related tasks include, but not limited to: posting monthly inventory, grant and/or budget tracking, W-9 vendor tracking, year-end 1099 processing, and more.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Adaptability with multiple accounting software and third-party apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and outside the box
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks
- Ability to communicate with clients directly and independently
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively triage and prioritize a high volume of tasks
- Comfort using technology and communicating across multiple modalities
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years of accounting experience required
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Hybrid work environment, primarily work-from-home with optional office space provided