About the job
RxLightning is a high-growth, venture-backed health tech services company based outside of Louisville KY. As the market innovator in specialty enrollment, we help connect physician offices, specialty pharmacies, drug manufacturers, hubs, and patients together, to reduce administrative burden, drive operational efficiencies and streamlined communication, resulting in patients starting their medications much quicker than previously possible. The company partners with pharmaceutical/biotech companies, hubs, and specialty pharmacies to improve and streamline the specialty enrollment and intake process for all stakeholders.
We are honored to be the recipients of awards such as Startup of the Year and Tech Product of the Year from TechPoint, named one of the fastest growing companies in Louisville, a 2020 Vogt winner, among others. We offer a high-energy, results-oriented workplace that believes our success is based primarily on a fantastic team with the passion, drive and skills to change the specialty enrollment process.
You would be a good fit to join our team if you take personal responsibility for making things happen, demonstrate an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing, look ahead and solve problems proactively, are honest and authentic, and constantly curious to learn more.
To be successful as a sales engineer, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of our company's technical products and services and you should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical users. You should have excellent communication and customer service skills and will represent RxLightning in front of marquee healthcare organizations across the world.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the company's products, being able to demonstrate any aspect of the software’s functionality at any time
- Prepare and develop technical presentations to explain our company's products or services to customers.
- Define solutions that best align RxLightning offerings with a client’s business requirements and needs
- Lead the scoping of the ideal solution that fits the client needs for a defined project
- Work collaboratively with all internal resources to become the subject matter expert on our product solution to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are delivered and maintained.
- Represent and present RxLightning and products in professional manner with branding and messaging to a variety of audiences, including key executives
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, technologies, etc and stay up to date on competitive products and the market.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Research, develop and modify products to meet customers' technical requirements and needs.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years' experience in a sales engineering role or in a role technical expert or similar experience
- Proven track record of relating technical information to non-technical people in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to both work well with a team - and to self-manage in a less-defined role
- Demonstrated consistent and self-sufficient ability to GSD Get Stuff Done
- Highly developed emotional intelligence with exceptional communication skills
- Strong ability to sell in a consultative manner, with a track record of developing opportunities and closing business
- Strong business, communication and presentation skills
- Organized with the ability to manage & track multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- BA/BS or higher degree preferred, with concentration in tech, engineering, marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- 5+ years experience in a sales engineering or technical position
- 3+ years experience working with a sales team
- Travel as needed for this position.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening and work in a HIPAA compliant environment. Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.