As the Junior Staff Accountant at Roller Rabbit, you will help the Finance team in processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as well as assist with the Month End closing process. The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience (preferably related to Cost Accounting), a passion for process improvement, an aptitude for systems, and enthusiasm to solve new and interesting business problems. The role will focus effectively on reviewing Purchase Orders, Goods Receipts and working closely with the Production department. Efficiency and accuracy are vital as we deliver great products to a growing customer base. We want you to be a part of this exciting time at Roller Rabbit as our business continues to expand tremendously!
Employment Type: Full-time, Hybrid in NYC with 3 days a week in the office
As a Junior Staff Accountant at Roller Rabbit, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Work with Production to manage Purchase Orders and Goods Receipts
· Help automate the processing of Goods Receipts in SAP
· Bill clients Issuing invoices and posting bills for clients promptly and accurately.
· Process Cash receipts for Roller Rabbit and its subsidiary companies
· Assist with collections of clients’ past dues.
· Set up new vendors and respond to vendor inquiries.
· Annual 1099 preparation
· Assist with the preparation and review of supplemental and contingent accruals and related journal entries.
· Work with the general accounting team to support the day-to-day accounting functions and perform ad hoc projects as needed.
· Perform special projects and duties as requested, including ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of corporate Controller and CFO
· 2 years of accounting experience in a similar role (focus on Cost Accounting and/or Retail)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· SAP experience preferred, not required.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (Finance, etc.)
· Willing to learn Roller Rabbit’s systems and business practices.
· Able to partner with external stakeholders to verify timely payments by processing daily vendor invoices.
· Review and reconcile vendor statements to ensure vendors are paid timely.
· Recent graduates are welcome to apply
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Be:
· Resourceful in finding answers and solving problems for the team.
· Looking for opportunities for growth and learning to enhance your knowledge base by assisting the team as requested.
· Hybrid work schedule
· Unlimited PTO
· Roller Rabbit discounts and annual allowance
· Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care, along with FSA/HSA benefits
· Salary $55K - $60K depending on experience and knowledge base.
Roller Rabbit weaves an enchanting tale of a magical rabbit through its handmade products, spanning from ready-to-wear to iconic sleepwear. These creations not only foster wonder, optimism, and the warmth of a trusted friend but also embody our brand's roots in originality. Roller Rabbit is more than a fashion label; it's an approachable, endearing, and endlessly intriguing lifestyle that captures the magic in every moment. As a niche-upscale fashion brand, Roller Rabbit operates eleven brick-and-mortar stores and a thriving e-commerce platform, driven by a mission to enrich vibrant lives with clothing and accessories that inspire dreams, uplift spirits, and commemorate moments with loved ones.
$55,000 - $60,000 per year