We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor , to be careful and thorough in working , cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for details and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces.
- sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables.
- wipe mirrors and windows
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of Industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
- attention to detail and consciousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- High school diploma is preferred but not required.