Successful psychotherapists at Rock Creek Therapy are:
- About themselves. We’re constantly growing as people and professionals. Being open to how this work affects us and how we affect the work is an important part of professional growth.
- About others. Caring curiosity keeps us inquisitive of our patients’ experience and their progress in therapy. What motivates this specific person? What’s getting in their way? Why?
- About psychotherapy. We’re motivated to continue to learn more about the brain, attachment, trauma treatment, and so much related to the practice of psychotherapy. We’re life-long learners.
Compassionate. We do this because we care about people and want to help them heal, manage their lives better, and feel better.
Exceptional. The people who we serve expect effective treatment that helps them grow and live their lives more deeply. We strive to be exceptional psychotherapists providing productive, evidenced based psychotherapy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to three years experience providing psychotherapy or counseling
- Align with Rock Creek Therapy values related to striving for excellence, staying curious, and compassion.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling, psychology, or social work; and
- Active license (PhD, PsyD, LICSW, LGSW, LMFT, LPC or LGPC) in the District of Columbia and any other states in which candidate is interested in providing services. Copies of licenses must be provided to Rock Creek Therapy.
- Full time employees are expected to hold at least 22 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.