The Purchasing Manager is responsible for evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts to achieve the lowest price for high-quality goods.
The Purchasing Manager will secure the materials, supplies and
equipment based on company needs to complete essential business functions. This includes all kinds of products from raw materials to packaging and shipping supplies. This role will design purchasing strategies that ensure constant availability of inventory within the company’s budget. You will also develop a database of potential suppliers and cultivate working relationships to ease the process of acquiring new materials.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and
- contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least five years of experience in related field required.
- Working conditions consist of a combination of office and outdoor environments. Work may require standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, and reaching. Must be able to lift 15 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers. Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
CamCo/Rise Above Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.