ABOUT REFLEX STRATEGY GROUP
Reflex Strategy Group LLC is the premier full-service political fundraising & compliance firm for Democrats and progressive causes in the Southeast.
The mission of Reflex Strategy Group is to create innovative solutions that deliver exceptional results.
Reflex Strategy Group empowers candidates and causes to make a lasting impact. Whether you're a seasoned political professional or someone looking to dive into the dynamic world of politics, we provide a supportive and rewarding environment where your skills and passions can thrive. While political experience is a valuable asset, we also welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds who are eager to learn and contribute to our mission.
The Fundraising Associate reports to the Fundraising Manager and executes call time and digital fundraising programs for a portfolio of assigned clients. The Fundraising Associate leads client call time from start to finish, drafts copy for email, SMS and direct mail fundraising solicitations, and manages client fundraising database(s). The Fundraising Associate is an essential role of the Fundraising Team to provide exceptional service to our clients.
- The Fundraising Associate executes call time, events, and digital fundraising programs for a portfolio of assigned clients.
- The Fundraising Associate leads client call time from start to finish, drafts and produces copy for email, SMS, and direct mail fundraising solicitations, manages client event execution and donor relations, and manages client fundraising database(s).
- The Fundraising Associate manages assigned client accounts and fosters positive client relationships.
- The Fundraising Associate provides supervisory support to assigned Fundraising Specialists.
- Managing targeted donor lists, executing client call time, and conducting donor follow-up
- Managing client donor research targeting in conjunction with the data team
- Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly digital fundraising reports for firm and clients
- Managing client email, phone, and SMS inboxes
- Drafting and producing client fundraising emails, text messages, and direct mail letters
- Managing fundraising event planning, execution, and follow-up
- Managing donor relations on behalf of clients
- Fostering positive client relationships through prompt and effective communication with clients and other external stakeholders.
- Support the supervision of 1-3 assigned Fundraising Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of political fundraising strategies, techniques, and compliance regulations (FEC, VA, NC, FL, MD)
- Familiarity with digital fundraising methods, including campaign email, SMS, and CRM platforms (ie. NGP, ActionNetwork, CampaignDeputy, Switchboard, ActBlue, Numero, CallTime.AI, etc.)
- Proficiency in managing fundraising databases and donor lists using tools like Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of fundraising event planning, execution, and follow-up processes.
- Awareness of the political landscape in the Southeast, including rural, minority, and first-time candidate dynamics.
- Ability to synthesize data and craft fundraising reports for both the firm and clients.
- Critical thinking skills to manage donor lists and databases for targeted fundraising efforts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for crafting compelling fundraising copy for various channels, including email, SMS, and direct mail.
- Capability to handle multiple tasks, including call time management, event planning, and donor communication, efficiently.
- Flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external vendors.
- Capacity to identify challenges and proactively find solutions to meet fundraising goals.
- Efficiently manage time and resources to meet deadlines and achieve fundraising targets.
EXPECTATIONS AND POSITON INFORMATION
- This is a full-time, non-exempt, in-office position in our Richmond, Virginia office (11 S. 12th Street Suite 403, Richmond, VA 23219).
- Parking fees for our building are approximately $150/month and payroll deduction is available. Unfortunately, we are unable to include this as part of the compensation or benefits package.
- Full-time employees are paid monthly on the last day of the month.
- Our in-office work schedule is Monday – Friday from 9am to 6pm ET with a paid 30-minute lunch break.
- Employees are provided with a work laptop.
- Employees are provided with a cell phone stipend of $30/month.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required for this position. Efforts are made to schedule additional hours in advance as much as possible.
- Blackout period: To provide exceptional service to our clients, time off requests are not approved during the following blackout periods:
- End of Quarter (EOQ): March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31 (on annual rotation), assigned state compliance fundraising reporting deadlines.
- The day following Labor Day through Election Day.
- The 30-day period prior to primary election dates for assigned clients.
- 90 Day probationary period: New employees are evaluated on a 30, 60, and 90 day schedule during their first 90 days of employment. While PTO is accrued during this period, time off requests are not approved during this period.
- All employees and contractors must have written approval to engage in any outside employment to prevent conflicts of interest with current or former clients.
- All employees are required to have a valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Mileage reimbursement is provided for work-related travel outside of a 30-mile radius of the office. Regular home to office travel is not included in this reimbursement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others. On occasions, travel by car, train and airplane may be necessary. Employees must have the ability to work long hours when needed. All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job in accordance with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (Pub. L. 101-336) (ADA).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary: $26.50/hour (non-negotiable, eligible for overtime)
- Cell Phone Stipend: $30/month
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm ET
- Time Off (All leave time is earned throughout the year in pay periods):
- Vacation Leave: 10 Days/year
- Paid Sick Leave: 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 40 hours per year
- Bereavement Leave: 3 days of paid leave in the event of the death of a immediate family member (married spouse, children, mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, grandchildren, brother, or sister)
- Paid Holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day Weekend, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Holiday Period.
- Health: Company covers 75% of select plan for employee, Employee pays the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan.
- Dental: Employee pays 100% for premium
- Vision: Employee pays 100% for premium
This job description is designed to give an overview of the main tasks and responsibilities for this position and is not all-inclusive. This job description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. As the Company evolves and grows over time this job description may be changed in consultation with the employee. Employees will be expected to embrace such changes, to work flexibly, and rise to the challenge of developing their skills over time.
Reflex Strategy Group requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to Reflex Strategy Group’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Reflex Strategy Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in the workplace and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. We encourage a diverse and inclusive work environment and provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any concerns about discrimination or harassment should be brought to the attention of management and will be promptly and thoroughly investigated.