We are looking to fill an immediate opening for a remote, part-time career advisor with experience in the field of Engineering.
Candidates should be interested in making an impact on the world through Education, and have experience inspiring students to learn and explore. Our student interactions are conducted on a
1:1 basis, and we are looking for someone who has experience studying and working in the field of Engineering, along with a background in guiding high school students in a formal work setting.
5-10 per week
● Mission: to help students identify and achieve their greatest dreams and aspirations
● Culture: We believe in doing the right thing and value people over work. If you're looking for a place of mentorship, autonomy, and growth, then this is the place for you.
● Vision: Our company has long-term goals to transform the education space for the better. If you are looking for a career in Education that actually pays well and has a future, you can become a part of our vision and mission statement.
● Guide high school students towards exploring their career and intellectual interests by assigning readings, video assignments, projects, and tasks
● Explain the various career paths in and near the field of Engineering
● Meet regularly, approximately once every other week, with students and/or parents
● Collaborate with the ReadyEdgeGo Admissions Advisor to determine the best plan of action, and hold students accountable through execution.
● 2+ years of work experience guiding or teaching high school students
● 2+ years of work experience in Engineering
● Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.)
● Strong communication skills with students, parents, and teammates
● Availability during after-school hours (weekdays after 3pm)
● Ready access to smartphone with data and a computer with reliable internet
● Excellent organization and time management.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
● Currently employed full-time in Education, or pursuing a career in Education
● Ability to evaluate and teach programming skills in Python, C++, and/or Java
● Willingness to learn new skills and methods.
● Calm and patience in dealing with high-pressure situations
● Compassion and empathy in dealing with others who come from vastly different backgrounds.
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS AND PROFESSIONALISM
Organizational skills and professionalism are part of the job. We require:
● 1 business day response time to clients and co-workers (e.g. return phone calls, respond to emails and texts, promptly)
● Excellent time-management and organization
● Excellent record-keeping and filing
● Compliance with company procedures
● Discretion and confidentiality
$35 - $55 per hour