Oversee financial operations for a growing health insurance company
About the Role
We are seeking a Controller to join the growing team at Radion Health. This role will report to the Vice President of Product. We are a national organization with a remote-friendly culture. Our salary range for this position is from $70k-$100k.
Successful candidates for this role will have at least 5-7 years of full-time professional experience working as a Financial Operations Analyst or Controller, preferably in an insurance or self-funded healthcare setting. More importantly, they will be humble, intellectually curious, self-managing, and committed to treating all people with respect at all times.
About Radion Health
Radion Health offers competitively priced, high-quality level-funded health insurance for employer groups with 10 to 500 enrolled employees. We offer our employees competitive salaries, an entrepreneurial work environment, and generous benefits including unlimited PTO. To learn more about Radion Health, please visit our website.
Key Job Functions
● Oversight of the accounts receivable processes including but not limited to:
o Manage premium, fee and aggregate invoicing, payments and disbursements
o Manage level funded trust accounts for each client including monthly deposits and disbursements, and year end reconciliations
o Verify and audit the output of the invoicing and payment processes to ensure accuracy; including reconciliation of enrollment, rate, and contract data
o Prepare general ledger journal entries
● Identify opportunities to streamline invoicing and payment processes and collaborate, as needed, to troubleshoot issues that arise.
● Manage relationships with our banking partners to ensure accurate transactions, reconciliation, and financial reporting
● Contribute to development of accurate and timely reporting for internal and external use
● Partner with legal teams and partners to implement any regulatory requirements and updates as necessary to ensure financials are in compliance
● Participate in financial operations projects and initiatives
● 5-7 years of experience as a financial analyst or controller, preferably in insurance
● Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience/training
● Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Statutory Accounting Principles
● Experience working with ERP or Claims Administration systems
● Experience working with QuickBooks in a professional capacity
● Experience with Bank Reconciliations
● Experience working in insurance with understanding of self-funded health plans a plus
● Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, macros, functions, VLOOKUP’s, etc
● Ability to set priorities with excellent time management skills; enjoy working independently with clear deadlines and deliverables
● Excellent communication skills
● High degree of organization, accuracy, attention to detail and results orientation
● Proven ability to get results and thrive in an unstructured and evolving environment
● Proficiency with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office and/or G Suite by Google Cloud preferred
Radion Health is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.
$70,000 - $100,000 per year