This position is a combination of remote and on-site work responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing office, clerical, and administrative support tasks, special projects, and duties supporting Quality Psychiatric Health and Wellness, APNC.
As a medical assistant, you'll apply your professional skills to a wide
range of tasks:
• Play a vital role in the delivery of high-quality patient care. Continuously elevate the
quality of care within Quality Psychiatric Health and Wellness, APNC —Leverage your
expertise to make a life-changing difference.
• Provide patient care support services, including communication and correspondence,
appointment scheduling, insurance authorization and verification, and other clerical &
general administrative duties.
• Duties include but are not limited to coordination of care, continuity, follow-up, and
support for the patients and their families. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
email management, answering, triaging, and responding to patient phone calls, checking
referral portals for potential clients, scheduling clinic appointments, assisting patients
with scheduling diagnostic tests, preparing for clinic visits, and following up on referrals
• Planning and scheduling appointments, meetings, and conferences for clinicians.
• Additional responsibilities include assisting with obtaining
insurance verification and referral authorizations, processing requests for medical
records, and other general administrative duties.
• Ability to creatively integrate competing demands into a productive working
• Ability to adjust to changing priorities, frequent interruptions, deadlines, emergencies, and
busy and changing workloads.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with patients from
various social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with a patient population in varying
• Experience in working as part of a team, establishing and maintaining cooperative
working relationships with clinicians, all staff members, management, and the public.
• Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job
• Skill in analyzing information or situations to define a problem, identify relevant
concerns, and formulate logical and objective conclusions and alternatives.
• Excellent interpersonal communication.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with patients and explain the
company's policies relating to appointment scheduling, billing, collections, and
• Has a working knowledge of online tools, including Microsoft Office, with strong
proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom.
• Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
$25 - $28 per hour