Providing in home services and supports to individuals living with a diagnosis.
Do you want to work with a company that hears and supports you? Quality of Life Home Care Services believes in supporting our team members just as much as we help our clients.
● An agile and engaging work environment
● On-the-job training
● Opportunities for advancement
● A culture that prioritizes family, safety & well-being
● Flexible schedule
● 500 Signing bonus
We are hiring part-time Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to provide intensive in-home services and support to people with mental health, behavioral, developmental, and other cognitive conditions.
A DSP works directly with clients living with physical, intellectual, and cognitive diagnoses. They assist with daily living activities and encourage attitudes and behaviors that allow the individual to integrate into his/her community or least restrictive environment. Their goal is to increase independence while improving the client's quality of life.
Some of the responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
● Advocating for the client's needs, self-expression, and goals
● Teaching life skills, healthy habits, and positive behaviors
● Reduction/elimination of maladaptive behavior
● Self-care, including bathing, dressing & medication
● Sensory & motor skill development
● Conversation & companionship
● Creating opportunities for clients to enjoy their favorite activities
● Motivating clients to set & achieve personal goals
● Light housekeeping, meal preparation & cooking
● Transportation to & from appointments
● Flexible schedule
● Paid time off
● Professional development assistance
PPE is provided, including gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, and free COVID tests.
We're specifically looking for people with training and experience working with children with autism and people of all ages with physical and cognitive diagnoses.
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● High school diploma or equivalent
● One year of relevant & verifiable work experience
● A valid driver's license, current insurance, a reliable vehicle & a clean driving record
● Good communication skills & the ability to read, write & speak in English
● Physically able to complete personal cares
● Able to pass a background & drug screening
● Available to work days, evenings
$21 - $21 per hour