We are seeking a highly motivated, career-oriented teacher assistant with a passion for Early Childhood Education whose general duties. We are looking for a teacher assistant to plan, supervise and implement a superior Early Childhood Educational program in accordance with the center policies and guidelines. maintains a safe, healthy, and educational environment for the class. communicates regularly with parents, in person and using technology.
The Childcare Teacher Assistant are responsible for meeting the basic needs of children, including providing them with nutritious meals and promoting their educational development. They play a crucial role in ensuring the children's healthy intellectual and emotional growth. The Childcare Teacher Assistant will be involved in teaching and supervising the children, encouraging them to utilize their mental capacities and fostering their creativity. Additionally, they will assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment within the facility.
Hours of Operations
Monday through Friday: 6am-7:30pm – The work shift schedule may vary depending on the childcare center's requirements. Our Childcare Center will strive to assign each employee a fixed schedule, but employees must be open to a flexible schedule.
o 8am – 1pm (preferred shift)
o 2pm – 7pm (preferred shift)
o 12pm – 6pm
· Required – High school diploma or GED.
· Preferred but not required – Associate Degree in education, Educational Administration, or a related field.
· Preferred but not required – Certifications in early childhood development.
· Previous experience in education, teaching, or program coordination.
· Previous experience working with young children, preferably in a daycare or childcare setting.
· Possesses physical and mental stamina required to oversee large numbers of young children on a daily basis.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with staff.
· Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to adapt to changing situations.
· Familiarity with using educational technology and software. Tech Savvy
· Knowledge or willingness to learn the educational policies, regulations, and standards for the state of Pennsylvania.
· Knowledge or willingness to learn the health and safety regulations pertaining to childcare.
· Preferred First Aid and CPR certification.
· Ability to pass all State Mandated background checks pertaining to working in a childcare facility.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and colleagues.
· Patience, empathy, and a genuine love for working with children.
· Understanding of child development principles and age-appropriate activities.
· Ability to think and act quickly in a crisis.
· Cleaning duties, including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping surfaces, cleaning toys, and restroom cleaning, etc.
· Sick Time
· Employer Sponsored Training and Development
· Employer Sponsored Background Check
· 50% discount on tuition for enrolled child (includes stepchildren)
· Free Enrollment Registration
· 50% discount on activity fee for the first 2 years
· Employer paid Uniform Shirts. (4 shirts total)
$13 - $14 per hour