HONEY LPC SUPERVISING CLINICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
A Honey supervising clinician will operate in two capacities including being responsible for assigned supervisees, and their own part-time case load of 750 completed clinical sessions per calendar year. The supervising clinician will supervise a combined maximum of seven LLPC’s or Master Level Clinical Interns. The supervising clinician will participate in Team Honey meetings, trainings and both internal and external outreach opportunities.
The ideal Honey supervising clinician is passionate about education and mentoring, has experience working with diverse teams, is extremely organized and detail oriented, enjoys working on a team, and acting as a leader in the field.
LPC Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervisor must hold a PsyD, PhD or MA with supervisor certification.
- Supervisors' education level must meet Michigan’s supervision requirements consistent with LPC education and training.
- Provide regular supervision of all of the supervisee’s activities, with one hour per week of minimum supervision in person or via Google Meet.
- Provides additional supervision and clinical guidance as needed.
- Review and sign all clinical notes and treatment plans of supervisees within 48 hours of documentation.
- Oversee all diagnostic assessment and changes to treatment plans.
- Maintain records for assigned supervisees for a minimum of 7 years.
- Confirm Honey clients’ needs are being met
- Evaluate the supervisee’s clinical counseling skills in the following core counseling areas (The expected skill set is not limited to this list and should be reflective of each employee’s individual experience)
- Case conceptualization
- Clinical evaluation & diagnosis
- Individual counseling
- Group Counseling
- Theory development
- Attending skills (open questions, reflection of feeling/meaning, ability to empathize with others)
- Psychoeducational presentation and/or classroom guidance skills
- Testing and assessment
- Multicultural knowledge, awareness and skill development
- Documentation and treatment planning
- Terminations and transfers of clients
- Attend weekly clinical consultation meeting with entire clinical team
- Attend monthly supervisor meeting with the Clinical Director
- Discuss the supervisee’s progress towards meeting their annual clinical sessions goal and expectations with the Clinical Director. Will provide direction and action plans to meet clinical sessions goals if the supervisee is off track and/or trying to plan for additional time off.
- Act as mentor, guide, and coach for supervisees
- Ensure each team member is providing care and clinical support that is of Honey standards both in content and process as well as Honey level customer service
- Maintain documentation confirming all team members are properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed.
- Identify and propose professional development opportunities to Honey leadership as needed based on needs of team and organizational growth.
Clinical Therapist Responsibilities:
- Must provide 750 completed clinical sessions per calendar year in line with Honey's part time clinician expectations.
- Complete all notes and treatment plans within 48 hours.
- Reports to: Clinical Director
- Direct reports: Assigned supervisees
- Must be fully licensed in the State of Michigan & FTE
- Salary varies based on number of direct reports